The Weather Thread

The Old Man Crew says fire up Three Dog Night - Never Been to Spain - and fire up...that. :Roflmao:Roflmao

I actually saw Three Dog Night live back in the day when I was in the military stationed in freakin' Arkansas. LOL. True story. So probably late 1990 or early 1991?

But, the true story gets better! I literally have the NASCAR (although almost fully faded now) blanket in the back of my car that I have owned since that night, which I inadvertently acquired from these two (not so pretty) Arkansan young ladies ... one of which was making out with my 18 year old super naïve drunk friend.

Me, being the sober driver, suggested a meetup at a local Waffle House ... which we never showed up to, but I still have their blanket in the back of my car to this day. I have had it 30 years and it is what I use to cover my bike in the back of my car. Small world.

Firing that Three Dog Night song right now on Spotify. :thumbsdown:

...and I heard there was some sort of rich people festival in Laguna...

There's always a rich people festival in Laguna. It's called Pageant of the Masters and it's ... ummm.... hmmmm.... what's a good adjective for it... Stupid?

Look! People in makeup standing still!!!! OH MY GAWD! Ok, ok that's a little negative. A lot of artistry goes into the makeup, lighting and set design.

The other constant festival is the Sawdust Festival. It's basically a year-round fairground where people build and sell crafts like wind chimes, figurine chess sets and chainsaw bears.

Laguna is basically a drinking town with an art problem.

There's always a rich people festival in Laguna. It's called Pageant of the Masters and it's ... ummm.... hmmmm.... what's a good adjective for it... Stupid?

Look! People in makeup standing still!!!! OH MY GAWD! Ok, ok that's a little negative. A lot of artistry goes into the makeup, lighting and set design.

The other constant festival is the Sawdust Festival. It's basically a year-round fairground where people build and sell crafts like wind chimes, figurine chess sets and chainsaw bears.

Laguna is basically a drinking town with an art problem.
Remember there is a decent fine art show on the same grounds as the Pageant…

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't feel so bad now

Screenshot_20230716_182055_Weather.jpg

Back