The Weather Thread

Looking like there will be hero dirt up high Thursday

20230530_180249.jpg

At least the power didn't go off yesterday when it was 108°, but the power is off for 2 hrs right now and it's only going to be 99°.
I have a feeling I should put in a whole house generator this summer. It's a pain in the saddle to run extension cords for the freezers, fridge, and a portable room cooler.
I think PG&E is going to have alot of planned outages this summer.

So while the rest of the Country - nay - world - suffers from smoke inhalation or extremely high temps, I find myself bitching that I haven't seen the sun in Laguna but one day in the last 3 months. Currently 70°

And I still need to paint my deck rail! True first world problems. :eek: :facepalm: :oops:

July Gloom.jpg

Yeah, I like OC. Nice temp, and sunny almost all day in my area this time of year.
When I lived a few blocks from the beach in Costa Mesa the only thing that took getting used to was the sky being overcast so often, but being a few blocks from the beach more than made up for it. Now that I'm no longer in CM, I have more sun and only a few blocks from the Mtb trails, so a win in my book.

Yeah, I like OC. Nice temp, and sunny almost all day in my area this time of year.
When I lived a few blocks from the beach in Costa Mesa the only thing that took getting used to was the sky being overcast so often, but being a few blocks from the beach more than made up for it. Now that I'm no longer in CM, I have more sun and only a few blocks from the Mtb trails, so a win in my book.
I hate that you love living here. Why don't you join the rest of the group and start hatin' on CA because it's so awful?

Let's ride Mount Hough this weekend – it's only 109 in Quincy on Saturday. Downieville Classic is this weekend – but don't worry, racers, it's three degrees cooler there.

Tahoe high country breaks into the 80s on Sat/Sun. Dawn patrol or bust.

Aliso Woods will probably be a good place to meet people this weekend.

Good luck with your comfort plan. Smoothie made with frozen fruit lowers the core temp significantly.

Costa Mesa ... but I suspect most of Orange County.

Also, don't move here. It is overcrowded and the 55 South was ridiculous today, because whomever scheduled roadwork near Tustin/Saanta Ana obviously had no clue this was going to be the hottest weekend YTD, so the 909ers are rushing for our beaches ... and the first weekend of the OC Fair .. and I heard there was some sort of rich people festival in Laguna. Seems like AI could better schedule freeway work.

Back