Post One Photo and Sentence or Comment

You can start a sentence with "and" and you can start a sentence with "but." But it's not for the feint of heart. And it has to have the appropriate structure.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/grammar/words-to-not-begin-sentences-with

Okay, this strikes a chord with me. I have a “boss” who has a legal background and puts way too much focus on proper grammar/sentence structure or whatever. She will call people out in meetings for starting speaking sentences with “but” or whatever is not correct.

Sure we should have some grammar in our lives but when you are focused on that stuff when it isn’t critical to the function I call a foul. I do not work in an English department at a university, I work on a team that needs to respond in minutes to many inquiries and grammar is not high on the list of things to prioritize.

This same person uses “may you please do this for me” and I am sorry but “may you please” is incorrect and no one can convince me otherwise. It is may I and can/could you. /rant

Last edited:
New Year's Eve party and someone always starts a fight...

deer.jpg

Okay, this strikes a chord with me. I have a “boss” who has a legal background and puts way too much focus on proper grammar/sentence structure or whatever. She will call people out in meetings for starting speaking sentences with “but” or whatever is not correct.

Sure we should have some grammar in our lives but when you are focused on that stuff when it isn’t critical to the function I call a foul. I do not work in an English department at a university, I work on a team that needs to respond in minutes to many inquiries and grammar is not high on the list of things to prioritize.

This same person uses “may you please do this for me” and I am sorry but “may you please” is incorrect and no one can convince me otherwise. It is may I and can/could you. /rant

But I can use Artistic license, can't eye ??

YES! The ubiquitous safety break at the top of a major climb where/when the crew would pull over to put on pads and burn the grass.
I guess I never understood how getting high helps someone ride. My recollection is it distorts perception and the sense of time, space and speed - and not in a good way. Can you imagine if we all pulled out a flask or downed a beer at the top of a climb so that we could descend more courageously? That said, some of the most technically proficient riders on this forum were (are) "safety breakers" - so I guess I can't criticize the behavior. You do you! :confused: :thumbsup:

I guess I never understood how getting high helps someone ride. My recollection is it distorts perception and the sense of time, space and speed - and not in a good way. Can you imagine if we all pulled out a flask or downed a beer at the top of a climb so that we could descend more courageously? That said, some of the most technically proficient riders on this forum were (are) "safety breakers" - so I guess I can't criticize the behavior. You do you! :confused: :thumbsup:

I prefer to take any kind of safety break at the end of whatever sport/session I’m doing. But the one thing I do enjoy mid activity is a beer/cocktail on the mountain (snow sports). Not sloshed but I can ride/ski just fine after a reasonable amount. Biking and beers while having to actually put effort in, yuck. Save it. I used to ride fine after some funny stuff on the lifts too but don’t really do that anymore. :whistling:

I prefer to take any kind of safety break at the end of whatever sport/session I’m doing. But the one thing I do enjoy mid activity is a beer/cocktail on the mountain (snow sports). Not sloshed but I can ride/ski just fine after a reasonable amount. Biking and beers while having to actually put effort in, yuck. Save it. I used to ride fine after some funny stuff on the lifts too but don’t really do that anymore. :whistling:
A good beer at the end of a ride or a day on snow is a magical thing! So I imagine the safety break is the same.

This is just awesome:

TWELVE COMMANDMENTS FOR SENIORS

#1 - Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice

#2 - "In Style" are the clothes that still fit.

#3 - You don't need anger management. You need people to stop pissing you off.

#4 - Your people skills are just fine. It's your tolerance for idiots that needs work.

#5 - The biggest lie you tell yourself is, "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it."

#6 - "On time" is when you get there.

#7 - Even duct tape can't fix stupid - but it sure does muffle the sound.

#8 - It would be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller.

#9 - Lately, you've noticed people your age are so much older than you.

#10 - Growing old should have taken longer.

#11 - Aging has slowed you down, but it hasn't shut you up.

#12 - You still haven't learned to act your age, and hope you never will.

And one more:

"One for the road" means peeing before you leave the house.

This is just awesome:

TWELVE COMMANDMENTS FOR SENIORS

#1 - Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice

#2 - "In Style" are the clothes that still fit.

#3 - You don't need anger management. You need people to stop pissing you off.

#4 - Your people skills are just fine. It's your tolerance for idiots that needs work.

#5 - The biggest lie you tell yourself is, "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it."

#6 - "On time" is when you get there.

#7 - Even duct tape can't fix stupid - but it sure does muffle the sound.

#8 - It would be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller.

#9 - Lately, you've noticed people your age are so much older than you.

#10 - Growing old should have taken longer.

#11 - Aging has slowed you down, but it hasn't shut you up.

#12 - You still haven't learned to act your age, and hope you never will.

And one more:

"One for the road" means peeing before you leave the house.

1st, :Roflmao:Roflmao:laugh:!! Then, crap!! I'm way ahead of schedule o_O

Gross up all your numbers by 20% and then buy your tile from Floor n Decor. They take returns - no questions asked.

This is conformation of my initial estimate. The tiles were on sale so we bought all of it from this store and what they had in Sacramento. There is enough to do thw basement too if we want.
All from Floor n Decor, but being on clearance, no retutns. We saved about $2k on the tiles.

Back