Post One Photo and Sentence or Comment

Poppies are still blooming in the AV. Watching to see if this will last until spring. Never seen this before.

IMG_1350.jpeg

Saw this bad boy on our group ride Saturday morning in Long Beach with @Fueledbyex8 & @slooowsef ,thought of you, @Mikie !
It was in pristine restored condition. The guy said he took a couple of years to get it right.

View attachment 92121
Cool bike - but wrong fork, right @Mikie? I believe they all came with a Girvin parallelogram type of fork. Maybe I'm wrong.

Pro Flex.png

And is that a dog's shadow on the right side of your photo? Some kind of Doodle?

Last edited:
Cool bike - but wrong fork, right @Mikie? I believe they all came with a Girvin parallelogram type of fork. Maybe I'm wrong.

View attachment 92123

And is that a dog's shadow on the right side of your photo? Some kind of Doodle?
I’ve got to imagine that’d be a hard fork to find these days.

that’s the bike’s owner on my left. I think the shadow on the right is the back of another rider wearing a helmet.

Saw this bad boy on our group ride Saturday morning in Long Beach with @Fueledbyex8 & @slooowsef ,thought of you, @Mikie !
It was in pristine restored condition. The guy said he took a couple of years to get it right.

View attachment 92121
Nice! Not to dissimilar to mine, although he's got the upragded Risse rear shock.

@herzalot is right, wrong fork. Should be a Girvin Vector, they still come up for sale from time to time. Theres a guy local to me selling a frame, fork and wheels that I keep looking at thinking I should grab. Its got the Risse rear shock upgrade on it but the frames a different year and I don't know if they all ran the same shock configuration. Early forks had a urethane damping system, any of those would have disintegrated by now but later forks came with a coil and oil damper setup, Risse also did an upgrade shock for the front. After Proflex turned into K2 the top version even came with Noleen coil shocks with some electronic wizardry attached to it (in carbon)
1998 K2 5500.png

Nice! Not to dissimilar to mine, although he's got the upragded Risse rear shock.

@herzalot is right, wrong fork. Should be a Girvin Vector, they still come up for sale from time to time. Theres a guy local to me selling a frame, fork and wheels that I keep looking at thinking I should grab. Its got the Risse rear shock upgrade on it but the frames a different year and I don't know if they all ran the same shock configuration. Early forks had a urethane damping system, any of those would have disintegrated by now but later forks came with a coil and oil damper setup, Risse also did an upgrade shock for the front. After Proflex turned into K2 the top version even came with Noleen coil shocks with some electronic wizardry attached to it (in carbon)
View attachment 92124
That’s right, I knew we had a member here who still had a Proflex!

good intel @Lost Kiwi!
I might go ahead and scoop it up. A lot of my gravel friends have started collecting 90’s mtn bikes now. At this ride we were talking and people were saying the prices of old Stumpy’s and GT triple triangle bikes have shot up.

View attachment 92121
Those hydraulic Magura rim brakes are sweet.
That’s right, I knew we had a member here who still had a Proflex!

good intel @Lost Kiwi!
I might go ahead and scoop it up. A lot of my gravel friends have started collecting 90’s mtn bikes now. At this ride we were talking and people were saying the prices of old Stumpy’s and GT triple triangle bikes have shot up.
May I tag along on one of your vintage gravel grinds?

View attachment 92121

View attachment 92123

That is correct-o mundo! A Girvin fork is a must for original. But sweet none the less!

I had both of those bike. I never saw an 856 in Silver like that before… hmmmm….

View attachment 92124
That’s a badazz bike. That’s a Proflex after K2 purchased Proflex. Sweet!

I received this Thank You card over 20 years ago, and it's been on my refrigerator ever since. Still makes me smile when I look at it, Why?

This is how I feel every time I get on the bike and go for a ride! A kid at heart with a big smile ready to explore the world!

Kid on bike,.jpg

Same with the 80's and early 90's. Glad there is no actual record. :cautious::laugh:
I love it when someone in a position of authority or running for office is held to 2024 standards for Sh!t they said or did in the 80s. And by love it, I mean, despise it! I'm not talking unethical or illegal Sh!t, I'm just talking stuff that would be considered sexist, racist or otherwise offensive or inappropriate by today's standards.

I told some pretty awful jokes as a 13 year old that I would never say today, and if I did, I could expect to lose my position!

I love it when someone in a position of authority or running for office is held to 2024 standards for Sh!t they said or did in the 80s. And by love it, I mean, despise it! I'm not talking unethical or illegal Sh!t, I'm just talking stuff that would be considered sexist, racist or otherwise offensive or inappropriate by today's standards.

I told some pretty awful jokes as a 13 year old that I would never say today, and if I did, I could expect to lose my position!

Dude! Exactly.

I feel bad for the kids these days.

I still tell awful jokes though. :laugh: Just carefully.

And your next President that you are not voting for is us.

Back