I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Didn't ride my normal 007 funfest yesterday, as it was the only time the last born had an open day for a road trip before school starts up. I will trade a ride day to hang with the kids anyday.
We did the Home up and over Sonora pass to Bridgeport, to Nevada, to Bodie, to Mono Lake, up and over Tioga Pass, to Yosemite Valley, up and out home.
403/ 12,000/ 12hrs.
The road to Sanora is a blast until you head down the mountains at Freemont's Fort. It is all switchbacks. When the sign says 10mph curve, you better believe it.
The Sanora Pass was windy as all get out and steep. The old vehicle had a hard time getting to the top, but it did us right.

Bridgeport was, well Bridgeport.

I wanted to hit Carson City, but was voted down, so we just went to the Nevada border and took a picture.

Bodie was on our list next. They sucker you into this one with 7 miles of pavement then 3 miles of dirt road. Nice place to visit. Found a deal on a fixer upper.....still windy. Fueled up there.

Mono lake was........Mono Lake. There is road work still going on 4 years later.

Tioga pass is the most scenic drive I have ever been on. Truly the only one in the world. I am glad to have this in my backyard. Words cannot describe it.

Yosemite Valley was hot and what seemed to be a million people, so we turned around and headed home. We were exhausted.
All-in-all it was a funtastic day out with the kiddo. She has a history file named "Adventures with Pop" that we will be adding to.

Freemont's Fort
20230727_070722.jpg

Switchbacks
20230727_070759.jpg

Bodie
20230727_124225.jpg

Fixer upper
20230727_123348.jpg

Fuel stop
20230727_125137.jpg

Tioga
20230727_143529.jpg

Tioga
20230727_142842.jpg

Didn't ride my normal 007 funfest yesterday, as it was the only time the last born had an open day for a road trip before school starts up. I will trade a ride day to hang with the kids anyday.
We did the Home up and over Sonora pass to Bridgeport, to Nevada, to Bodie, to Mono Lake, up and over Tioga Pass, to Yosemite Valley, up and out home.
403/ 12,000/ 12hrs.
The road to Sanora is a blast until you head down the mountains at Freemont's Fort. It is all switchbacks. When the sign says 10mph curve, you better believe it.
The Sanora Pass was windy as all get out and steep. The old vehicle had a hard time getting to the top, but it did us right.

Bridgeport was, well Bridgeport.

I wanted to hit Carson City, but was voted down, so we just went to the Nevada border and took a picture.

Bodie was on our list next. They sucker you into this one with 7 miles of pavement then 3 miles of dirt road. Nice place to visit. Found a deal on a fixer upper.....still windy. Fueled up there.

Mono lake was........Mono Lake. There is road work still going on 4 years later.

Tioga pass is the most scenic drive I have ever been on. Truly the only one in the world. I am glad to have this in my backyard. Words cannot describe it.

Yosemite Valley was hot and what seemed to be a million people, so we turned around and headed home. We were exhausted.
All-in-all it was a funtastic day out with the kiddo. She has a history file named "Adventures with Pop" that we will be adding to.

Freemont's Fort
View attachment 89816

Switchbacks
View attachment 89817

Bodie
View attachment 89818

Fixer upper
View attachment 89819

Fuel stop
View attachment 89820

Tioga
View attachment 89821

Tioga
View attachment 89822

Welldone!!! Awesome!

I didn't ride today or yesterday because my daughter's water polo games were too spread out: 7:30 and 2:20 yesterday (eliminating morning or afternoon chances) and 8:30 and 1:30 today, which pretty much had the same effect. I suppose I could have dragged my sorry ass out around 4 pm, but I didn't, did I? They won 3 of the 4 games thank you!

I didn't ride today or yesterday because my daughter's water polo games were too spread out: 7:30 and 2:20 yesterday (eliminating morning or afternoon chances) and 8:30 and 1:30 today, which pretty much had the same effect. I suppose I could have dragged my sorry ass out around 4 pm, but I didn't, did I? They won 3 of the 4 games thank you!

When my daughter was in band (also 4H) there were events with long gaps like this. All over SoCal. I would plan out some rides (mostly road, prolly not your thing) and get some miles in in between.
My wife would sit in the stadiums and read a paperback or two whole I would ride 20-50 miles depending upon the time.

When my daughter was in band (also 4H) there were events with long gaps like this. All over SoCal. I would plan out some rides (mostly road, prolly not your thing) and get some miles in in between.
My wife would sit in the stadiums and read a paperback or two whole I would ride 20-50 miles depending upon the time.
I've ridden between games before when they were closer to mtb trails. HB is not conducive to that, and I ain't riding road, boardwalk or river trail. If my hip were better, I would have considered going for a surf between games.

I'm buried in work for the foreseeable future, trying desperately to get caught up from the back log that being sick and off has created. Besides that, I am quite weak now. I might be able to do 1/4 lap around the Rose Bowl, in granny gear, before I crash onto the grass and pass out.
Very sorry to hear this... :(

Nice photos. You guys have fun when not riding...

The weez is on IR and conditions are good to ride hard, but I'm learning that, for me, one week isn't enough time between big efforts. So...I'm psyched for some home improvement this weekend. Not paying people to do stuff you can is fun, right?

Because I have been on 60hr work weeks for the last 3 weeks.
Got 300 of the new bikes made and are on thier way to the UK and Spain for the unveiling.
I let the team leave at noon yesterday and have the weekend off for a job well done.
I, however do not get the weekend off. Today is a fundraising for Downs Syndrome in the morning, get home to install the remaining siding on the house, and tomorrow is trying to get the outside ready for paint, new roof, and the Spousal Units birthday........I'll be back, gotta check on my Beef Jerkey.
I'm ok for not riding for a while, but I'm getting the itch....at least the trails are out my driveway.

Because I have been on 60hr work weeks for the last 3 weeks.
Got 300 of the new bikes made and are on thier way to the UK and Spain for the unveiling.
I let the team leave at noon yesterday and have the weekend off for a job well done.
I, however do not get the weekend off. Today is a fundraising for Downs Syndrome in the morning, get home to install the remaining siding on the house, and tomorrow is trying to get the outside ready for paint, new roof, and the Spousal Units birthday........I'll be back, gotta check on my Beef Jerkey.
I'm ok for not riding for a while, but I'm getting the itch....at least the trails are out my driveway.
Dang, you need to find more things to do:eek::eek:.

Back