I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Hi all. I hoped to dust the old Marin today. When I went to air up the tires I noticed this. Looks fresh, not sure when or how it happened. My question is, is this something easily fixed? Do I need to know how to build a wheel to fix or probably pay a lot for at the bike shop? They're stock wheels, probably not great, can I still upgrade these on a budget? Any input would be great, thanks guys.
View attachment 91617
I'm a huge fan of Hope wheelsets. I hade a 26" set on my old Specialized and loved it. I think with tax and shipping it ended up being $550-ish?
I've seen some good deals on I9s lately too. But, for the dough, it's tough to beat Hope.
I do recall @Derkderkall posting something about an inexpesive Nukeproof wheelset. Any feedback on that @Derkderkall ?

Smh, I'm soo over bikes today. They all got their licks in on me today. It was supposed to be a day off with wind in my face and me on my bike! NOT!!!! :bang:
Were doing the Allez bike shop/total trash group ride in the morning. Gonna start from my place and then hop on the train to Highland Park. The total trash dudes are surprisingly fast for a bunch of stoners/drinkers, so, if they drop us we'll just do Our own thing.

Pinched nerve in my lower lumbar region. Off the bike until further notice. It has been bothering me for two weeks. I will take at least 4 days off from work starting tomorrow to give it a rest. Working has been agonizing the past week. The pain has brought tears and dizziness. Scary to operate a vehicle under those conditions. However, this morning was the first time that I didn't have spine pain. Only muscle weakness and discomfort. Prescribed Meloxicam for inflammation and Flexiril for muscle spasms. Tomorrow morning I will use a hot pad to loosen up and then start a series of gentle stretches. Hopefully, before the middle of next week, I will be flexible and out of pain enough to start strengthening exercises. This weekend, I am driving down to The (YT) Mill in San Clemente to pick up a large brown box. Hopefully I will be ready to start enjoying it sooner than later.

Were doing the Allez bike shop/total trash group ride in the morning. Gonna start from my place and then hop on the train to Highland Park. The total trash dudes are surprisingly fast for a bunch of stoners/drinkers, so, if they drop us we'll just do Our own thing.

Oooh sounds fun!! I'm going to the drag strip tomorrow, (where I will be pedaling my 27.5 Redline through the pits :D) BUT, my friend wants to do the Hollywood Ride out with 4130, I believe that's a night ride. Maybe, but probably too exhausted from the track. Definitely thank you for the invite though!!

Pinched nerve in my lower lumbar region. Off the bike until further notice. It has been bothering me for two weeks. I will take at least 4 days off from work starting tomorrow to give it a rest. Working has been agonizing the past week. The pain has brought tears and dizziness. Scary to operate a vehicle under those conditions. However, this morning was the first time that I didn't have spine pain. Only muscle weakness and discomfort. Prescribed Meloxicam for inflammation and Flexiril for muscle spasms. Tomorrow morning I will use a hot pad to loosen up and then start a series of gentle stretches. Hopefully, before the middle of next week, I will be flexible and out of pain enough to start strengthening exercises. This weekend, I am driving down to The (YT) Mill in San Clemente to pick up a large brown box. Hopefully I will be ready to start enjoying it sooner than later.
That sounds fun. :eek: Sorry to hear. Healing vibes to you. Can't wait to see your post in "New Bike Day."

Want me to pick it up for you? Less than ten miles from my house.

Yeah - science is stupid!

Actual science is legit.

Paid for "scientists" spewing their lies for $$$$$ ... not so much.

Just look up the tobacco paid for scientist in the late 60' ...

Lets go ... will be fun to see which of us gets banned first. Probably me, since I am already on the Sh!t list (but yet also somehow on the on the home team) and you are a Biden voter.:Roflmao

Actual science is legit.

Lets go ... will be fun to see which of us gets banned first. Probably me, since I am already on the Sh!t list (but yet also somehow on the on the home team) and you are a Biden voter.:Roflmao
Yes. Everything you don’t want to believe is a conspiracy. That’s pretty convenient. That way you don’t need to consider anything that doesn’t match your preferred world view.

4929c5241f6f230614d6454092c699fe.jpg

Actual science is legit.

Or the two guys at Duke who said in the late 50's that sugar wasn't bad for us and received a $50K grant for their "research" from the sugar industry (AIR).

Or the two guys at Duke who said in the late 50's that sugar wasn't bad for us and received a $50K grant for their "research" from the sugar industry (AIR).

Oh yeah, the sugar industry is notorious. The whole "fat is bad" movement from the mid 90's where they were taking fat out of everything and adding even more sugar ... when they always knew it was the sugar. The list of paid for scientists goes on and on ... tobacco of course ... and don't even get me started on the pharmaceutical industry. :laugh:

"Trust the science" is great advice .... trusting the scientists is the problem. And yes, there are of course plenty of good, ethical scientists out there, but those are generally not the ones appearing on our favorite "news" shows. :Roflmao

I'm a huge fan of Hope wheelsets. I hade a 26" set on my old Specialized and loved it. I think with tax and shipping it ended up being $550-ish?
I've seen some good deals on I9s lately too. But, for the dough, it's tough to beat Hope.
I do recall @Derkderkall posting something about an inexpesive Nukeproof wheelset. Any feedback on that @Derkderkall ?

Still on my stock wheelset, sorry, can't add anything

Back