I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Ought to hit up Steph and do a gravel ride out her way. Or GE. Or P12. Or SOT by Lake Elizbeth. Sara is still riding too.

Or dirt MagicMountain/Indian canyon and back on Soledad. Zach just did it, looks cool.

Or Vasquez rocks.....
That Indian Canyon looks like a fun one. I need to get up to P12. I've only been there once.

Ought to hit up Steph and do a gravel ride out her way. Or GE. Or P12. Or SOT by Lake Elizbeth. Sara is still riding too.

Or dirt MagicMountain/Indian canyon and back on Soledad. Zach just did it, looks cool.

Or Vasquez rocks.....
WTF, these all sound fun! I want in too. At least give me a map or strava of dirt magic mountain. I've always suspected there was good riding around there.

Last edited:
Thats actually a Gravel ride I was referring to. But I have ridden the Preferred Cycling Trail up and back from the Indian Canyon trailhead.
It burned a while back, but I'm sure its still fun. Altho it is starting to be thru hiker season soon. Best done mid-week.
Same for the Vasquez Rocks section.

indiancanyon.jpg

Thanks
It usually takes me 6 full days one time to get the front part of the property done, but with the rain and now the heat everything growing overnight. This is my 3rd round in 2 months.
As soon as we do the fencing on the property, the horses will do all the work for me.
Needless to say I’m a tad bit jealous as I’m currently at the shop like 13 days a week making Uncle Sam lots of dough and haven’t even squeezed the brake levers on any of my bikes in a month or so:thumbsdown:. Bouncing around on a riding mower or tractor for a few days trying not to spill my beer really sounds like fun. I just need one rich investor to buy me out and make that dream a reality.:rolleyes:

On the bright side the wifey knew I'd be late so she called me to guide her thru smoking the Tri Tip. I must say that she perfectly over seasoned it and followed my instructions better than I do and nailed it. I'm in a food coma right now.:D
IMG_5631.jpeg

What a nice day, and even with that I didn't ride.
Last week didn't ride all week because I was at an out of state trade show, this week I'm not riding because I brought back a little gift from said trade show....The F'in Flu :facepalm::gag::mad:....at least I think it is....it ain't covid and it sucks.
Figure I'll get a short little ride in this weekend as I'm assuming I'll be a little better by then.

Hello everyone! I´m Vicente from Chile and I need your help!

I'm working on a project to provide the best MTB experience throughout South America, and I need your help and support. I want to know if there is interest in taking MTB trips in the Chilean Patagonia.

I invite you to participate in a quick survey that will only take 4 minutes (link). Additionally, I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward the link to friends who share our passion for bicycles. Our goal is to obtain at least 500 responses

https://www.survio.com/survey/d/J6B7D3G9M5I6F0W9I

qrcode.png?VersionId=BZNkGmL.png

Let's make this project a reality together! Thank you very much for your collaboration!

didn't ride my bike today, but!
My Beemer was quite dirty even though I park it in a garage. Bug crap or something like that all over it. It's been a few months since a wash, and even longer since a wax. So early today I set everything up, washed the car, waxed it, and cleaned the interior. Removed some velcro tape from the window that used to hold the Toll Road transponder. Damn, I put it in a hard to reach place and it took acetone to get the sticky mess off. lesson learned.
All said and done, 2.5-3 hrs and it Looks Good! I'm a happy boy cruising' in my ride now. :sneaky::)

BMW 335is 7:16:23.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't really quite fit in Rider Down, but I haven't ridden a bike (or run or SUP'd) in just over a week.
Last Monday had some squamous cell carcinoma removed from the back of my knee. Skin cancer for those not familiar. (My sixth) Such an odd place. Cycling would actually be about the worst thing, it's just below and parallel to my crease at the back of me knee - about 2 inches long.
Gonna run/walk tomorrow and ride Friday.
Getting back at it. SUP in the harbors will probably wait another week, I've gotten a few staph infections from scratches in the upper reaches of Newport Bay.
I'd tell everyone to wear sunscreen; but we are all mostly old and it's mostly too late.
But give it a try.

Doesn't really quite fit in Rider Down, but I haven't ridden a bike (or run or SUP'd) in just over a week.
Last Monday had some squamous cell carcinoma removed from the back of my knee. Skin cancer for those not familiar. (My sixth) Such an odd place. Cycling would actually be about the worst thing, it's just below and parallel to my crease at the back of me knee - about 2 inches long.
Gonna run/walk tomorrow and ride Friday.
Getting back at it. SUP in the harbors will probably wait another week, I've gotten a few staph infections from scratches in the upper reaches of Newport Bay.
I'd tell everyone to wear sunscreen; but we are all mostly old and it's mostly too late.
But give it a try.

Or expose yourself to your dermatologist on a regular basis. That works too.

Or expose yourself to your dermatologist on a regular basis. That works too.

Are you saying don't expose yourself to a Dermatologist?
As in a joke that then it won't be found?

Not sure I get what you are saying, maybe I missed it.

Actually, I discovered and reported all of mine to the Dr before they saw it. I do see my derm every six months. Trying to avoid big problems, I want to keep my nose.

Actually, I discovered and reported all of mine to the Dr before they saw it. I do see my derm every six months. Trying to avoid big problems, I want to keep my nose.

I keep a picture in my car of my face, when the Dr. cut about half of the left side of my nose off removing basal carcinoma. This is my "permit" for the LEO's when I get pulled over for dark tinted windows. The Dr. did a fantastic job of putting it all back together.

I keep a picture in my car of my face, when the Dr. cut about half of the left side of my nose off removing basal carcinoma. This is my "permit" for the LEO's when I get pulled over for dark tinted windows. The Dr. did a fantastic job of putting it all back together.
Permit schmermit. If you can ride outside, you can drive with windows that allow cyclists to see you driving.

Heck, I exposed my nether regions, to inquire about a "growth." She (yep, she) said don't worry about it.

So either she's out to kill me, or she knows of what she speaks. I'm gonna go with the latter.

Back