Coronavirus. Not to be confused with Norcovirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have gotten spoiled with guaranteed delivery. A lot of our stuff is delayed 1-2 days just for the simple fact that we can't keep up right now. I'm running double the stops I normally do in half the area I normally have. We can't keep up.

See, I'm a reasonable person...I'm good with delays as long as they're communicated before they become delays. That's my issue with them (FedEx), and has never been an issue with UPS. :thumbsup:

Even USPS delivered 7 days ahead of the scheduled delivery date (yesterday).

People have gotten spoiled with guaranteed delivery. A lot of our stuff is delayed 1-2 days just for the simple fact that we can't keep up right now. I'm running double the stops I normally do in half the area I normally have. We can't keep up.
It's understandable but I wouldn't call people "spoiled". If UPS or any other shipper posts the term "guaranteed delivery", then it should be exactly that, regardless of the situation. Hence, do not guarantee a delivery, rather post it as "estimated delivery" if that better fits the current situation.

I am sort of experiencing this again with UPS regarding the delivery of my new fork. One line says "Guaranteed by May 13". Another line says "Estimated delivery May 14 or May 15".

Tracking's last update was a departure scan from Harrisburg, PA at 4:48am today. I probably shouldn't hold my breath for delivery tomorrow, as "Guaranteed".

It's understandable but I wouldn't call people "spoiled". If UPS or any other shipper posts the term "guaranteed delivery", then it should be exactly that, regardless of the situation. Hence, do not guarantee a delivery, rather post it as "estimated delivery" if that better fits the current situation.

I am sort of experiencing this again with UPS regarding the delivery of my new fork. One line says "Guaranteed by May 13". Another line says "Estimated delivery May 14 or May 15".

Tracking's last update was a departure scan from Harrisburg, PA at 4:48am today. I probably shouldn't hold my breath for delivery tomorrow, as "Guaranteed".
You must live on my route. It's full of entitled people.

Come on now, don't get all bent out of shape. I am not trying to pick on you or UPS. It is absolutely superior to FEDEX, which screws up a delivery on it's best day.
I didn't mean to sound so harsh. Coming up on the end of another 14-hour day. There's no way UPS is going to change anything as far as guarantees go as every service we offer is guaranteed. They're just going to delay deliveries a day when they need to until this pandemic is over.

As far as your fork goes unless they sent it overnight it won't be here until Friday at best. Lucky for you we deliver Saturdays now so you may still have it by this weekend!

I didn't mean to sound so harsh. Coming up on the end of another 14-hour day. There's no way UPS is going to change anything as far as guarantees go as every service we offer is guaranteed. They're just going to delay deliveries a day when they need to until this pandemic is over.

As far as your fork goes unless they sent it overnight it won't be here until Friday at best. Lucky for you we deliver Saturdays now so you may still have it by this weekend!
Oh, and of course I am entitled! :D

Stay at home extended in LACo until July 31.

Holy crap! South Carolina just opened restaurants this week (at 50% seating / every other table). North Carolina opened all retail with the exception of restaurant dine-in, fitness centers, etc. I'll let you know how it turns out.

You must live on my route. It's full of entitled people.

You can call me entitled and I won't deny it :) Once you get used to people dropping Sh!t off at your doorstep it is hard to go back. I ordered two kayaks from costco.com a couple of weeks ago. They were delivered and one had a scratch. Had to contact the manufacturer and they are coming to pick it up and drop off a new one. (This is through freight shipping, however, and not UPS).

Our house here has a circle drive, and I made sure the UPS and FedEx drivers knew they could pull through the driveway, so they can come right up to the front door.

Last edited:

You called it! Revised delivery date is this Friday. That's also the date that the stealth fork axle is supposed to arrive.

Another study linking Vitamin D and severity of immune response to Covid-19:

Vitamin D Determines Severity in COVID-19: Researchers Urge Government to Change Advice

This study shows that, counter intuitively, countries at lower latitude and typically sunny countries, such as Spain and Northern Italy, had low concentrations of vitamin D and high rates of vitamin D deficiency. These countries also experienced the highest infection and death rates in Europe.

Imagine how ballistic people would go if they couldn't have their every whim delivered to them in a few days, binge watch anything they wish or surf the internet, face time, zoom, etc. Imagine this situation in the late 80s, early 90s. It would have been even more insanity. Nobody would have really been able to WFH or be connected at the rate they are now. Not really that pertinent, but interesting to think about and shows how dependent we are on technology already.

Imagine how ballistic people would go if they couldn't have their every whim delivered to them in a few days, binge watch anything they wish or surf the internet, face time, zoom, etc. Imagine this situation in the late 80s, early 90s. It would have been even more insanity. Nobody would have really been able to WFH or be connected at the rate they are now. Not really that pertinent, but interesting to think about and shows how dependent we are on technology already.
Yet, our collective temperaments might have been more gracious back then. Less instant gratification? Less entitlement? Who knows for sure.

Those of us who are natural introverts and who don't really like people are not noticing anything different. :cool:;)

What would we do without FB and Twitter?

Be smarter???:facepalm::p

I’ve got the proper tool for fighting the Corona Virus. Introducing the Corona Clippers!

5FB41E62-EDFB-46FC-B7E8-34A2F2CA4C2F.jpeg

We've become so SOFT, sheeesh. We need to take lessons from the "greatest generation".

Speaking of deliveries. My supervisor was sent out to Lancaster to help out today. I'm not sure how big their building is compared to ours but apparently it's not big enough. I thought we had it bad.

Resized_IMG_293411.jpg

In the 1980’s this would just be a bunch more dead Communists, and we’d never hear about it. Or maybe it wouldn’t have even made it out of the bat cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back