Coronavirus. Not to be confused with Norcovirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see bunch of "good people" doing their best to keep the american economy going while social distancing. Bravo!
I don't see it ending anytime soon. We're delivering everything these days including furniture. This was yesterday.
Resized_Resized_20200514_111710(1).jpeg

I had chickenpox when I was 22 yrs. old and shingles many years later. Shingles really messed with me stress wise. I don't miss those illnesses at all. I'm in no rush to get Covid 19 or what it may do to my family.

Last edited:
Plus if we did, they wouldnt get there intact, lol. The San Bernardino hub has a boneyard of broken furniture and oversized Sh!t on their pad, enough to fill a shorty trailer atm.
Yep. Our facilities are not designed to handle furniture. It's handled way too many times.

I had chickenpox when I was 22 yrs. old and shingles many years later. Shingles really messed with me stress wise. I don't miss those illnesses at all.

It is possible that stress is what caused the shingles. I came down with shingles once during an extremely stressful time in my life. It is the only time I have had to go to an emergency room. I thought I was having a heart attack. Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't breathe. The guys in the ER took off my shirt and I had a rash running right down my spine. They were like "oh look! Shingles!" Gave me a shot in the ass... to this day I have no idea what it was... and I felt almost instant relief and immediately fell asleep :)

FWIW once you have had chicken pox you can have shingles at any time... or never. You are never really "cured". The virus is always there.

Not sure this was a peer-reviewed study, but was surprised to see that loud talking can generate 1,000 "droplets" per minute (AIR) and the virus could remain active in them for eight minutes. Seems like my "antisocial distancing" of 20' might be more relevant.

Not sure this was a peer-reviewed study, but was surprised to see that loud talking can generate 1,000 "droplets" per minute (AIR) and the virus could remain active in them for eight minutes. Seems like my "antisocial distancing" of 20' might be more relevant.

I've been listening to the German health minister on podcast since this began and they never mention the 6 foot distancing rule without also mentioning the time variable. 6 feet and 6 seconds. Once either variable shifts, so does the exposure potential. I guess that was too complicated for the American audience. Elementary school instruction in algebra pays off. We wait until 9th grade usually... :confused:

I've been listening to the German health minister on podcast since this began and they never mention the 6 foot distancing rule without also mentioning the time variable. 6 feet and 6 seconds. Once either variable shifts, so does the exposure potential. I guess that was too complicated for the American audience. Elementary school instruction in algebra pays off. We wait until 9th grade usually... :confused:

I wish someone explained social distancing to the guy asking for my parking spot at JPL yesterday....

I made the mistake of going to Irvine Park late in the day for an easy few kilometers; bad decision. Also masks and social distancing were a joke. Socal will be in big trouble if this thing ever hits hard especially like it might in the fall.

As you pull up, out of breath and sweating profusely,
"Are you leaving?,"
Eventually.
All that’s why I’ve been avoiding talking to anybody or even responding to stranger asking me a question in public. I’ve been putting out serious stay the f away from me vibes, which comes naturally to me . You could say I’ve been downright unfriendly. Talking is basically spitting.

Yeah, the Cubans took it personally. :p

I showed it to my wife. She went to 90 dB and a mile a minute. (She's Cuban)

Reports state that there is a backlog of tests now in Cali... I'm here to tell ya! :mad:

It took 11 days for my wife to get her test result! If it's going to take that long, why even bother?

She had to get tested so that she could go back to work.

What a mess. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back