August 10th 2019 Big Bear Skyline Club Ride

I really would do this event, but not super motivated going East to West as the slowest climber on a route that is more climbing than descending. I am all for starting on the West side and ending around SS though. Not that much easier, but flip it and reverse it and I will show up. It is also much more fun in that direction.

I really would do this event, but not super motivated going East to West as the slowest climber on a route that is more climbing than descending. I am all for starting on the West side and ending around SS though. Not that much easier, but flip it and reverse it and I will show up. It is also much more fun in that direction.
Hey! Don’t mess with the climbing! You might not be the slowest either.

Funny.... I though of it as an out and back...:whistling:
We can certainly look at that, and that may be a good idea for a social ride. Thinking of strategic's for vehicle placement.

@Obsidian West to east is more uphill than down from west of Plantation all the way to Snow Summit. There is a great section just west of Snow Summit that is super fun westbound. Bermed turns, rollers and a slight down hill grade.
I've done it both directions and didn't notice much difference... I'm good with whatever gets more riders to show up.
Careful what you ask for.

Cool. Faust29. @Mikie and I were talking and he said you and I have very similar riding styles and that we should get along great and enjoy riding together.

Oh? You crash frequently also? :p

Sadly, I will be off the single speed for another two months or so... I tried riding it while the shoulder heals up, but it wasn't a smart move. So, I took it apart for some "upgrade time." That removes the temptation...

There is a very cool dh run single track that runs down and around to the parking area if finishing to the West. You miss it if you finish West to East. It is a very quiet large parking area that is shaded in tree cover.
Can you send me a STRAVA on that Tom?
I want to post up a .tcx file of the planned route for folks to download if they want. :D

Last edited:
Back