August 10th 2019 Big Bear Skyline Club Ride

Okay! It only took 3 pages to figure out the date! o_O:rolleyes:
So now we just need to figure out the time.

I'll put together a map of the Summit Parking lot location, the proposed trail map with bail outs. Also put together a .gpx file to download the course.
The climbing will be the climbing. But the pace is social cruiser, so NOBODY get your panties in a bunch. This is a no excuse get together! Seriously!
:thumbsup:

XC or DH? I need to know which tires to run....:whistling:

It's an XC day, but we can plan a DH in the future?

Don't tell him that... We want him on the heavy tires. And I was planning on re-taping his wheels for him...

Lead Tape
lead-tape-57f5605a3df78c690f11d28e.jpg

I expect to be up there....maybe for the day and possibly all weekend (still working on that). I've always climbed straight out of the Summit lot (2N08?) to get to Skyline so I'm unfamiliar with the alternate routes you guys are discussing.

Can somebody post a link to the route options you're discussing? Maybe some idea of what to expect mileage and climbing wise....at any pace. Gracias!!

I expect to be up there....maybe for the day and possibly all weekend (still working on that). I've always climbed straight out of the Summit lot (2N08?) to get to Skyline so I'm unfamiliar with the alternate routes you guys are discussing.

Can somebody post a link to the route options you're discussing? Maybe some idea of what to expect mileage and climbing wise....at any pace. Gracias!!
Has there actually been a proposed route for this particular ride?

Here's my suggestion:

Park at SS, climb Fern, climb Plumbers, (gather up at Radford Rd) continue on Skyline to Grandview. Take a nice breather, continue West on Skyline to Plantation. Climb Plantation to Clark's Grade, go East on Skyline to Grandview, drop down Pineknot to 2N08 and go East. Take that a short way to the Snow Forest trail shortcut and take that back to 2N08 and then drop 2N08 to Towne Trail and pedal that back to SS.

XC or DH? I need to know which tires to run....:whistling:
Enduro,
Go reverse mullet
I don't know if anyone's planning to dip into the bike park, so it sounds like the XC tires will make you happy.

I'm going to switch it up and run my Minion DHF, DHR II combo. :gotnothing:
Don't tell him that... We want him on the heavy tires. And I was planning on re-taping his wheels for him...

Lead Tape
View attachment 55209
Well it turns out it doesn't matter. The one time we actually already have plans. I guess I should have asked. :cry:

Has there actually been a proposed route for this particular ride?

Here's my suggestion:

Park at SS, climb Fern, climb Plumbers, (gather up at Radford Rd) continue on Skyline to Grandview. Take a nice breather, continue West on Skyline to Plantation. Climb Plantation to Clark's Grade, go East on Skyline to Grandview, drop down Pineknot to 2N08 and go East. Take that a short way to the Snow Forest trail shortcut and take that back to 2N08 and then drop 2N08 to Towne Trail and pedal that back to SS.
Hmmm... there's a few Escher issues with this route...

If you continue west on Skyline from Grandview, you will get to the top of Plantation at Clark's Grade, no need to climb it. However, if you wanted to go big, you could continue west past Clark's Grade and hit the rest of Skyline, past the turn off to the Champion Lodgepole Pine, descend through the Forest Dream section and THEN climb back up Plantation and continue with your plan.

Hmmm... there's a few Escher issues with this route...

If you continue west on Skyline from Grandview, you will get to the top of Plantation at Clark's Grade, no need to climb it. However, if you wanted to go big, you could continue west past Clark's Grade and hit the rest of Skyline, past the turn off to the Champion Lodgepole Pine, descend through the Forest Dream section and THEN climb back up Plantation and continue with your plan.
Thats exactly what I said silly! :rolleyes::D

Back