The Weather Thread

Wife and are going up to big Bear tomorrow abd thurs, mostly because she recognized an air bnb opportunity. I’m very confused about the road conditions. I know 38 is closed. Snow Summit put out a memo saying no restrictions through running springs as that construction has been postponed. For today google maps shows straight through 330/18 in 2 hours. Waze shows fastest route 2:45 through Lucerne valley abd the 18 to snow summit, but through running springs to snow valley. Is there a big traffic hold up on the arctic circle between snow valley and big bear? Normally I trust Waze the most. But I’d hate to go that long way around if not necessary. Does anybody know what’s going on?

Looking to be a nice day at the ranch, but a little wet up higher.
I wonder how the Enduro race went at China Peak yesterday.

20230903_070902.jpg

I did not expect the overnight and current rain / drizzle!

Yet another reason to go ride this morning. :thumbsup: Forecast highs are still pretty high though, so I better get moving. Gotta test the new tranny.

Evidently I now have to report this to Revel (the bike's parents) since my bike's tranny has changed. :whistling: :Roflmao

It's a cool 27 degrees this morning in Napoleon Dynamite's hometown. The high for today is a warm 42 degrees. And, tonights low will be arouund 17. There is snow in the local Wasatch and Wellsville ranges, but not enough to open resorts just yet. Should be able to get in a few more rides before the real weather comes. Pedal on.

Back