Little Diddy About Mikie and Bikie

Help - I don't know what this means!

Sexy photos @Mikie, but could you please stay away from surgeons for a while?
My mistake… 384, but I was in Division 1 at the time. You start in Division 10 and work your way up through kill points to Division 1. It a new Season and I’m already up to Division 3… C’mon Chris! Keep up!
IMG_3855.png

I took my first shower standing up today. I feel like a real boy again! Supposed to walk with a medical boot on, but y’all know me. Those medical panzy’s and there over careful medical advice. I started today walking “bootless” with my crutches as balance stabilizers but now walking without any aids. But carefully just the same. Doing a 20 miler on my hardtail tomorrow if anyone wants to join me.
IMG_3857.jpeg

I joke. But…. Am I?;)

I took my first shower standing up today. I feel like a real boy again! Supposed to walk with a medical boot on, but y’all know me. Those medical panzy’s and there over careful medical advice. I started today walking “bootless” with my crutches as balance stabilizers but now walking without any aids. But carefully just the same. Doing a 20 miler on my hardtail tomorrow if anyone wants to join me.
View attachment 91701

I joke. But…. Am I?;)

Hardtail.......lol. That's what they call a wheelchair nowdays ? ? ?

Hey @mtnbikej
I know your ankle repair was significantly more than mine. However, what was your recovery time like?
I’m finding this to take longer than I anticipated.
You’re stubborn like me.
How long on crutches…. Medical Boot? Support free? Back on the bike?

Thanks!
I have nothing but time. o_O

I was 6-7 weeks in cast after surgery.

Boot non-weight bearing for 3-4 weeks….which lastedd about 1 week

Then weight bearing/no restriction as tolerated.

for me it was 5 months total off of work. Jan. 2-May 1

I did no PT, just walked on it and made it function.

it took several more months for it to feel semi normal.

First ride back went straight back to clipping in. I did back of the tension on the pedals. Rides were low risk for the first 2 weeks. By end of May I went back to Palm Canyon and finished the ride.

It took a good 2 months before I really trusted it. Panic foot downs were a mental game in that time.

I was 6-7 weeks in cast after surgery.

Boot non-weight bearing for 3-4 weeks….which lastedd about 1 week

Then weight bearing/no restriction as tolerated.

for me it was 5 months total off of work. Jan. 2-May 1

I did no PT, just walked on it and made it function.

it took several more months for it to feel semi normal.

First ride back went straight back to clipping in. I did back of the tension on the pedals. Rides were low risk for the first 2 weeks. By end of May I went back to Palm Canyon and finished the ride.

It took a good 2 months before I really trusted it. Panic foot downs were a mental game in that time.
Thanks J!
I needed to hear that. I have naturally been pushing it and the ankle is pushing back. This must be different from the bones I typically break, ;).
I’m getting frustrated from the down time. When I put the boot on, the swelling is big time when I finally take it off. On a couple of occasions I wore tennis shoes in defiance and the shoe just rubbed on the incision and plate and was screaming when I took the shoe off. Then I would go barefoot pissed off and defiant and it would just throb and hate me.

I gotta calm down I guess and just wear the boot loose in that area and do my stretches and ice it.

So glad we are in the middle of winter out here now as I would literally be climbing the walls… less the left ankle.

Thanks again!;)

Thanks J!
I needed to hear that. I have naturally been pushing it and the ankle is pushing back. This must be different from the bones I typically break, ;).
I’m getting frustrated from the down time. When I put the boot on, the swelling is big time when I finally take it off. On a couple of occasions I wore tennis shoes in defiance and the shoe just rubbed on the incision and plate and was screaming when I took the shoe off. Then I would go barefoot pissed off and defiant and it would just throb and hate me.

I gotta calm down I guess and just wear the boot loose in that area and do my stretches and ice it.

So glad we are in the middle of winter out here now as I would literally be climbing the walls… less the left ankle.

Thanks again!;)

Mine was still swollen 6 months later. My cycling shoe took a while to feel like it fit semi normal after I got back on the bike.

The incision may be healed, but it is still soft.

Just got back from my 6 weeks after surgery appointment.
It was all good news even though it feels like this is taking forever.
Follow up X-Rays are solid. I get to take the boot off and start walking around in the house.
That's good, cuzz I have been doing that for the last week or so. :unsure::whistling:

I can get on an elliptical and start working out provided I ease into it. But no bicycles...:mad:
Another appointment in 6 weeks.

That's some sexy chit right there! :inlove:
Screenshot 2024-01-03 122707.png
Screenshot 2024-01-03 123844.png

@Mikie glad to see you're healing up fine. And, being a stubborn old man about the duration it has taken. IF you haven't already... find a high quality CBD cream and use it for the inflamation/pain. It works wonders for me, and I use it almost daily. You can find quality products that have absolutely zero THC in them. WAY BETTER THAN NSAID's, Iboprofen, etc. Good luck on finishing your recovery quickly at 100%.

@Mikie glad to see you're healing up fine. And, being a stubborn old man about the duration it has taken. IF you haven't already... find a high quality CBD cream and use it for the inflamation/pain. It works wonders for me, and I use it almost daily. You can find quality products that have absolutely zero THC in them. WAY BETTER THAN NSAID's, Iboprofen, etc. Good luck on finishing your recovery quickly at 100%.
Thanks Kevin!
Yeah seriously considering that option. I have to stick to soap and water until the incision heals then I get the option. :thumbsup:

I step away from the site for a couple of months and look what happens! :)

Let me summarize:
Concrete step
Manual
Lift rear
Wet
Steel cable
Doctor
Titanium plate

Looking forward to the rehab photos! I would think at this point your neighbors would be wondering after they keep seeing you hobbling around on the gravel by your house!

Day 4 Billion… ;)
Tossed on my sneakers and went up stairs to the gym.
Did my bench, curls, and tri’s, then stepped onto the elliptical. The stiffest setting isn’t very stiff to slow the rotation down, so I did my normal 9.8 mph, heart rate “claimed” 170 bpm. However, my Garmin watch said 103. I did 10 minutes.

The only irritation was the shoe rubbing on my still healing incision.

The light just revealed itself at the end of the tunnel. ;)

IMG_3875.jpeg

Back