Is something Burning in OC

I finally bit the bullet and signed up today. I've been missing the local news reporting (no matter how bad it is).

You would think that if I signed up, gave credit card info, etc I'd be able to access the site now. Unfortunately I was told (after I signed up) that it will take THREE TO FOUR days to process my payment before I can set up an account and log in. I can;t even cancel my subscription because it is not active yet.

/endrant
My youngest is in HS sports and OCR sponsors the teams; annual OCR membership for $10 or $15 so I bought for
myself and some neighbors. Cheap enuf to put up w/ the crappy OCR app. Try calling the local HS if it's more...

What a sad situation. Praying San juan trail and the forest on the top will be spared. If so, as soon as weather is better, i would want to ride there. Also makes me think i should hit Blackstar again. If you think about it, there is nothing that spectacular about e.g the BS trail. It is the surroundings that make it so special. You cant replicate nature!

Coming to you live from Riverside. SAF

20180808_143403.jpg

Oh. I dunno...if some random teenager said that about their school they'd at least be "detained."

Yes... But there you run into two sets of rules. The school violation would most likely result in suspension or expulsion. For the "threat" to go further in the legal system, it has to have more to it, such as the realistic opportunity to carry it out, as well as the materials necessary. It also helps to have a valid timeframe. I've been through a few dozen of those...

And... If you really want to get off scott free, download music, and create a rap CD describing how you will kill 50 of your classmates (naming them) and your favorite administrator (named him, too) with a 12 gauge and a machete. "My" track (#13) was set to Eminem's beats. It may get a quick look from the FBI, but in the end, it's just "art". Then do it again and mail it to the administrator personally.

Ask me how I know this...

Is that UHJ that's burning down there in this shot? It looks like the fire is moving toward the Peak.

That's what I thought... And maybe part of Lower Holy Jim.

I was just outside, and there were 4 helicopters doing circles around the Bell Ridge area, as well. Hard to tell how far away they were, but they were well above the flag, which is still blowing unscathed in the wind.

Flag on a better day...
IMG_1822.jpg

If HALF the people who made threats online were treated like that, we'd need about 5000 mire prisons.

Oh, I dunno...if some random teenager said that about their school they'd at least be "detained."

You are detained when you get pulled over for a traffic violation. All that means is you aren't free to leave. If a teenager said that about his/her school, I'm sure somebody would go out and talk to the person and a contact/field interview report would be completed. However, that is something that can be kept on file for a specific limited of time. Investigators use this to "backtrack" to possible suspects if a crime is later committed. Kind of like this dude Forrest. It's possible he made the comments last week and they were documented by a deputy. Then when something actually occurred, even a a detective that never knew the statements were ever made would be able to pull up the incident report and go from there.

Back