In Other News

The evil utilities are to blame for the wildfires. Fine them! Make them pay!!!!

The evil utilities turned off the power to lessen their exposure to liability. Make them turn it back on!!

Does no one see the dichotomy?
yeah I noticed that right away.

Sucky as it is, the right thing as a company is to reduce their exposure to liability.

Kind of like the airlines pulling the 737 Max. Inconvenient for sure, but not if you or yours are the ones dying... or your house burning.

Last edited:
That is sad... Thanks for the share...

Did this one get posted at all? I don't remember seeing it...
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...sh-Paralyzed-Hospital-GoFundMe-559898801.html
Sorry this happened to such a young man. One can only hope that he recovers ASAP. The president of our motorcycle club, who is 50 years old, did a lawn dart in a Hare and Hound race 2 years ago. Every day is a struggle. He can now walk, sloppily but walk. If you toss him a basketball he can mostly catch it. Positive thinking and not giving up has been on his side. His wife who is half his size has taken up all house hold chores. He remains in a constant state of slow improvement. I hope the same goes or something better for this young man.

Sorry this happened to such a young man. One can only hope that he recovers ASAP. The president of our motorcycle club, who is 50 years old, did a lawn dart in a Hare and Hound race 2 years ago. Every day is a struggle. He can now walk, sloppily but walk. If you toss him a basketball he can mostly catch it. Positive thinking and not giving up has been on his side. His wife who is half his size has taken up all house hold chores. He remains in a constant state of slow improvement. I hope the same goes or something better for this young man.
Maybe I'm off, but it seems like I'm hearing of more injuries with catastrophic results than in previous decades. I have mixed emotions about it...

I think we all get influenced by the perceived state of radness. So much glory to be had, the tools and techniques are so tweaked, and the means to share accomplishments have never been more effective and convenient. Everything seems so possible. So, mostly, I don't want anyone to suffer a permanent loss because they got swayed by that seduction and didn't stick it. Likewise for the journeyperson rad athlete who gets too casual because she's been doing it rote for so long yet un-explicably screws up something.

OTOH, I've had capability losses resulting from going big (or trying to), and I would choose to suffer those losses again given the choice to tone it down. Obviously, no major form of paralysis; I'm light. Had to give up activities I've loved. Caught a few dumb mistakes that could have (or should have) resulted in disaster. Might still meet my end dancing near the edge. But what would I tell that kid wondering if he'll again be able to use his body, or his able-bodied rider buds? To tone it down, not go for it?

There is a price for failure, but usually there's no way to discern exactly what it is. Or what it will be to you. So many variables. It's really a personal thing, so why should I have any opinion to foist upon anyone anyway?

Go for it – or not. Whatever that means to you. They both can have hidden costs.

Maybe I'm off, but it seems like I'm hearing of more injuries with catastrophic results than in previous decades. I have mixed emotions about it...

I think we all get influenced by the perceived state of radness. So much glory to be had, the tools and techniques are so tweaked, and the means to share accomplishments have never been more effective and convenient. Everything seems so possible. So, mostly, I don't want anyone to suffer a permanent loss because they got swayed by that seduction and didn't stick it. Likewise for the journeyperson rad athlete who gets too casual because she's been doing it rote for so long yet un-explicably screws up something.

OTOH, I've had capability losses resulting from going big (or trying to), and I would choose to suffer those losses again given the choice to tone it down. Obviously, no major form of paralysis; I'm light. Had to give up activities I've loved. Caught a few dumb mistakes that could have (or should have) resulted in disaster. Might still meet my end dancing near the edge. But what would I tell that kid wondering if he'll again be able to use his body, or his able-bodied rider buds? To tone it down, not go for it?

There is a price for failure, but usually there's no way to discern exactly what it is. Or what it will be to you. So many variables. It's really a personal thing, so why should I have any opinion to foist upon anyone anyway?

Go for it – or not. Whatever that means to you. They both can have hidden costs.
WWMD?
:sneaky:

Apparently he used his site-owner superpowers and corrected his quoted text in mine, too. Methinks this is right up there with e-biking....:whistling::po_O:rolleyes:

Not a big deal. But it never ceases to amaze me when people change the truth to make someone else look bad for their own enjoyment.
o_O

Screenshots, Gentleman... @Mikie may be pretty good with the behind the scenes word processor, but I know he's years away from learning Photoshop. He still wanders the parking lot at the mall looking for the Fotomat!

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 6.31.24 AM.png

The plot thickens......

Angels' Eric Kay Told DEA Team Knew of Tyler Skaggs' Drug Use Before His Death

Eric Kay, director of communications for the Los Angeles Angels, reportedly told investigators two team officials knew about Tyler Skaggs' drug use before his death July 1.

Per ESPN's T.J. Quinn, Kay first mentioned Skaggs' use of opioids to Tim Mead, former Angels vice president of communications, in 2017. He also said a second, unnamed Angels official knew.

Angels president John Carpino issued a statement in response to Quinn's report:

"We have never heard that any employee was providing illegal narcotics to any player, or that any player was seeking illegal narcotics. The Angels maintain a strict, zero tolerance policy regarding the illicit use of drugs for both players and staff. Every one of our players must also abide by the MLB Joint Drug Agreement. We continue to mourn the loss of Tyler and fully cooperate with the authorities as they continue their investigation."

Kay reportedly told federal investigators he provided Skaggs with oxycodone, and Quinn reported the two of them "abused it ... for years."

Mead told Outside the Lines he was unaware Skaggs used opioids. He also said Skaggs was not named in an April conversation he had with Kay's mother, Sandy, who told Quinn she saw text messages between Skaggs and Kay and that she told Mead the Angels had to get Skaggs "off [Kay's] back."

Skaggs' autopsy results, released by the Tarrant County medical examiner's office Aug. 30, showed a mix of fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol. His death was ruled to be the result of "terminal aspiration of gastric contents."

The Skaggs family issued a statement about the autopsy results:

"We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol. That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League Baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much.

"We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler's death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us."

Hardin told Quinn the family "appreciate the work that law enforcement is doing, and they are patiently awaiting the results of the investigation."

MLB rules state if a team official is made aware of a player's drug abuse, it must be reported to the commissioner's office. An MLB spokesman told Quinn the Angels never made such a report.

Skaggs, 27, was found dead in a room at a Texas hotel where the Angels were staying for a series against the Rangers. He pitched seven MLB seasons with the Angels and Arizona Diamondbacks.

The plot thickens......

Angels' Eric Kay Told DEA Team Knew of Tyler Skaggs' Drug Use Before His Death

Eric Kay, director of communications for the Los Angeles Angels, reportedly told investigators two team officials knew about Tyler Skaggs' drug use before his death July 1.

Per ESPN's T.J. Quinn, Kay first mentioned Skaggs' use of opioids to Tim Mead, former Angels vice president of communications, in 2017. He also said a second, unnamed Angels official knew.

Angels president John Carpino issued a statement in response to Quinn's report:

"We have never heard that any employee was providing illegal narcotics to any player, or that any player was seeking illegal narcotics. The Angels maintain a strict, zero tolerance policy regarding the illicit use of drugs for both players and staff. Every one of our players must also abide by the MLB Joint Drug Agreement. We continue to mourn the loss of Tyler and fully cooperate with the authorities as they continue their investigation."

Kay reportedly told federal investigators he provided Skaggs with oxycodone, and Quinn reported the two of them "abused it ... for years."

Mead told Outside the Lines he was unaware Skaggs used opioids. He also said Skaggs was not named in an April conversation he had with Kay's mother, Sandy, who told Quinn she saw text messages between Skaggs and Kay and that she told Mead the Angels had to get Skaggs "off [Kay's] back."

Skaggs' autopsy results, released by the Tarrant County medical examiner's office Aug. 30, showed a mix of fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol. His death was ruled to be the result of "terminal aspiration of gastric contents."

The Skaggs family issued a statement about the autopsy results:

"We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol. That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League Baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much.

"We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler's death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us."

Hardin told Quinn the family "appreciate the work that law enforcement is doing, and they are patiently awaiting the results of the investigation."

MLB rules state if a team official is made aware of a player's drug abuse, it must be reported to the commissioner's office. An MLB spokesman told Quinn the Angels never made such a report.

Skaggs, 27, was found dead in a room at a Texas hotel where the Angels were staying for a series against the Rangers. He pitched seven MLB seasons with the Angels and Arizona Diamondbacks.
Nothing surprises me anymore. I feel confident that this is going on elsewhere in Pro sports.

Furthermore, you never really know a person. Everyone hides secrets.

@rossage yeah, I hear yah!:thumbsup:

THE CLINTON DEAD POOL

1- James McDougal – Clintons convicted Whitewater partner died of an apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement. He was a key witness in Ken Starr’s investigation.

2 – Mary Mahoney – A former White House intern was murdered July 1997 at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Georgetown .. The murder …happened just after she was to go public with her story of sexual harassment in the White House.

3 – Vince Foster – Former White House counselor, and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock’s Rose Law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.

4 – Ron Brown – Secretary of Commerce and former DNC Chairman. Reported to have died by impact in a plane crash. A pathologist close to the investigation reported that there was a hole in the top of Brown’s skull resembling a gunshot wound. At the time of his death Brown was being investigated, and spoke publicly of his willingness to cut a deal with prosecutors. The rest of the people on the plane also died. A few days later the Air Traffic controller committed suicide.

5 – C. Victor Raiser, II – Raiser, a major player in the Clinton fund raising organization died in a private plane crash in July 1992.

6 – Paul Tulley – Democratic National Committee Political Director found dead in a hotel room in Little Rock , September 1992. Described by Clinton as a “dear friend and trusted advisor.”

7 – Ed Willey – Clinton fundraiser, found dead November 1993 deep in the woods in VA of a gunshot wound to the head. Ruled a suicide. Ed Willey died on the same day his wife Kathleen Willey claimed Bill Clinton groped her in the oval office in the White House. Ed Willey was involved in several Clinton fund raising events.

8 – Jerry Parks – Head of Clinton’s gubernatorial security team in Little Rock .. Gunned down in his car at a deserted intersection outside Little Rock Park’s son said his father was building a dossier on Clinton He allegedly threatened to reveal this information. After he died the files were mysteriously removed from his house.

9 – James Bunch – Died from a gunshot suicide. It was reported that he had a “Black Book” of people which contained names of influential people who visited prostitutes in Texas and Arkansas

10 – James Wilson – Was found dead in May 1993 from an apparent hanging suicide. He was reported to have ties to Whitewater.

11 – Kathy Ferguson – Ex-wife of Arkansas Trooper Danny Ferguson, was found dead in May 1994, in her living room with a gunshot to her head. It was ruled a suicide even though there were several packed suitcases, as if she were going somewhere. Danny Ferguson was a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones lawsuit Kathy Ferguson was a possible corroborating witness for Paula Jones.

12 – Bill Shelton – Arkansas State Trooper and fiancee of Kathy Ferguson. Critical of the suicide ruling of his fiancee, he was found dead in June, 1994 of a gunshot wound also ruled a suicide at the grave site of his fiancee.

13 – Gandy Baugh – Attorney for Clinton’s friend Dan Lassater, died by jumping out a window of a tall building January, 1994. His client was a convicted drug distributor.

14 – Florence Martin – Accountant & sub-contractor for the CIA, was related to the Barry Seal, Mena, Arkansas, airport drug smuggling case. He died of three gunshot wounds.

15 – Suzanne Coleman – Reportedly had an affair with Clinton when he was Arkansas Attorney General. Died of a gunshot wound to the back of the head, ruled a suicide. Was pregnant at the time of her death.

16 – Paula Grober – Clinton’s speech interpreter for the deaf from 1978 until her death December 9, 1992. She died in a one car accident.

17 – Danny Casolaro – Investigative reporter, investigating Mena Airport and Arkansas Development Finance Authority. He slit his wrists, apparently, in the middle of his investigation.

18 – Paul Wilcher – Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport with Casolaro and the 1980 “October Surprise” was found dead on a toilet June 22, 1993, in his Washington DC apartment had delivered a report to Janet Reno 3 weeks before his death.

19 – Jon Parnell Walker – Whitewater investigator for Resolution Trust Corp. Jumped to his death from his Arlington ,Virginia apartment balcony August 15, 1993. He was investigating the Morgan Guaranty scandal.

20 – Barbara Wise – Commerce Department staffer. Worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang. Cause of death: Unknown. Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised, naked body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.

21 – Charles Meissner – Assistant Secretary of Commerce who gave John Huang special security clearance, died shortly thereafter in a small plane crash.

22 – Dr. Stanley Heard – Chairman of the National Chiropractic Health Care Advisory Committee died with his attorney Steve Dickson in a small plane crash. Dr. Heard, in addition to serving on Clinton ‘s advisory council personally treated Clinton’s mother, stepfather and brother.

23 – Barry Seal – Drug running TWA pilot out of Mena Arkansas, death was no accident?

24 – Johnny Lawhorn, Jr. – Mechanic, found a check made out to Bill Clinton in the trunk of a car left at his repair shop. He was found dead after his car had hit a utility pole.

25 – Stanley Huggins – Investigated Madison Guaranty. His death was a purported suicide and his report was never released.

26 – Hershell Friday – Attorney and Clinton fundraiser died March 1, 1994, when his plane exploded.

27 – Kevin Ives & Don Henry – Known as “The boys on the track” case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas airport drug operation. A controversial case, the initial report of death said, due to falling asleep on railroad tracks. Later reports claim the 2 boys had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many linked to the case died before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.

THE FOLLOWING PERSONS HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES/HENRY CASE:

28 – Keith Coney – Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck, 7/88.

29 – Keith McMaskle – Died, stabbed 113 times, Nov, 1988

30 – Gregory Collins – Died from a gunshot wound January 1989.

31 – Jeff Rhodes – He was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April 1989.

32 – James Milan – Found decapitated. However, the Coroner ruled his death was due to “natural causes.”

34 – Richard Winters – A suspect in the Ives/Henry deaths. He was killed in a set-up robbery July 1989.

THE FOLLOWING CLINTON BODYGUARDS ARE ALSO DEAD
35 – Major William S. Barkley, Jr.
36 – Captain Scott J . Reynolds
37 – Sgt. Brian Hanley
38 – Sgt. Tim Sabel
39 – Major General William Robertson
40 – Col. William Densberger
41 – Col. Robert Kelly
42 – Spec. Gary Rhodes
43 – Steve Willis
44 – Robert Williams
45 – Conway LeBleu
46 – Todd McKeehan

@rossage yeah, I hear yah!:thumbsup:

THE CLINTON DEAD POOL

1- James McDougal – Clintons convicted Whitewater partner died of an apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement. He was a key witness in Ken Starr’s investigation.

2 – Mary Mahoney – A former White House intern was murdered July 1997 at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Georgetown .. The murder …happened just after she was to go public with her story of sexual harassment in the White House.

3 – Vince Foster – Former White House counselor, and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock’s Rose Law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.

4 – Ron Brown – Secretary of Commerce and former DNC Chairman. Reported to have died by impact in a plane crash. A pathologist close to the investigation reported that there was a hole in the top of Brown’s skull resembling a gunshot wound. At the time of his death Brown was being investigated, and spoke publicly of his willingness to cut a deal with prosecutors. The rest of the people on the plane also died. A few days later the Air Traffic controller committed suicide.

5 – C. Victor Raiser, II – Raiser, a major player in the Clinton fund raising organization died in a private plane crash in July 1992.

6 – Paul Tulley – Democratic National Committee Political Director found dead in a hotel room in Little Rock , September 1992. Described by Clinton as a “dear friend and trusted advisor.”

7 – Ed Willey – Clinton fundraiser, found dead November 1993 deep in the woods in VA of a gunshot wound to the head. Ruled a suicide. Ed Willey died on the same day his wife Kathleen Willey claimed Bill Clinton groped her in the oval office in the White House. Ed Willey was involved in several Clinton fund raising events.

8 – Jerry Parks – Head of Clinton’s gubernatorial security team in Little Rock .. Gunned down in his car at a deserted intersection outside Little Rock Park’s son said his father was building a dossier on Clinton He allegedly threatened to reveal this information. After he died the files were mysteriously removed from his house.

9 – James Bunch – Died from a gunshot suicide. It was reported that he had a “Black Book” of people which contained names of influential people who visited prostitutes in Texas and Arkansas

10 – James Wilson – Was found dead in May 1993 from an apparent hanging suicide. He was reported to have ties to Whitewater.

11 – Kathy Ferguson – Ex-wife of Arkansas Trooper Danny Ferguson, was found dead in May 1994, in her living room with a gunshot to her head. It was ruled a suicide even though there were several packed suitcases, as if she were going somewhere. Danny Ferguson was a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones lawsuit Kathy Ferguson was a possible corroborating witness for Paula Jones.

12 – Bill Shelton – Arkansas State Trooper and fiancee of Kathy Ferguson. Critical of the suicide ruling of his fiancee, he was found dead in June, 1994 of a gunshot wound also ruled a suicide at the grave site of his fiancee.

13 – Gandy Baugh – Attorney for Clinton’s friend Dan Lassater, died by jumping out a window of a tall building January, 1994. His client was a convicted drug distributor.

14 – Florence Martin – Accountant & sub-contractor for the CIA, was related to the Barry Seal, Mena, Arkansas, airport drug smuggling case. He died of three gunshot wounds.

15 – Suzanne Coleman – Reportedly had an affair with Clinton when he was Arkansas Attorney General. Died of a gunshot wound to the back of the head, ruled a suicide. Was pregnant at the time of her death.

16 – Paula Grober – Clinton’s speech interpreter for the deaf from 1978 until her death December 9, 1992. She died in a one car accident.

17 – Danny Casolaro – Investigative reporter, investigating Mena Airport and Arkansas Development Finance Authority. He slit his wrists, apparently, in the middle of his investigation.

18 – Paul Wilcher – Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport with Casolaro and the 1980 “October Surprise” was found dead on a toilet June 22, 1993, in his Washington DC apartment had delivered a report to Janet Reno 3 weeks before his death.

19 – Jon Parnell Walker – Whitewater investigator for Resolution Trust Corp. Jumped to his death from his Arlington ,Virginia apartment balcony August 15, 1993. He was investigating the Morgan Guaranty scandal.

20 – Barbara Wise – Commerce Department staffer. Worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang. Cause of death: Unknown. Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised, naked body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.

21 – Charles Meissner – Assistant Secretary of Commerce who gave John Huang special security clearance, died shortly thereafter in a small plane crash.

22 – Dr. Stanley Heard – Chairman of the National Chiropractic Health Care Advisory Committee died with his attorney Steve Dickson in a small plane crash. Dr. Heard, in addition to serving on Clinton ‘s advisory council personally treated Clinton’s mother, stepfather and brother.

23 – Barry Seal – Drug running TWA pilot out of Mena Arkansas, death was no accident?

24 – Johnny Lawhorn, Jr. – Mechanic, found a check made out to Bill Clinton in the trunk of a car left at his repair shop. He was found dead after his car had hit a utility pole.

25 – Stanley Huggins – Investigated Madison Guaranty. His death was a purported suicide and his report was never released.

26 – Hershell Friday – Attorney and Clinton fundraiser died March 1, 1994, when his plane exploded.

27 – Kevin Ives & Don Henry – Known as “The boys on the track” case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas airport drug operation. A controversial case, the initial report of death said, due to falling asleep on railroad tracks. Later reports claim the 2 boys had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many linked to the case died before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.

THE FOLLOWING PERSONS HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES/HENRY CASE:

28 – Keith Coney – Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck, 7/88.

29 – Keith McMaskle – Died, stabbed 113 times, Nov, 1988

30 – Gregory Collins – Died from a gunshot wound January 1989.

31 – Jeff Rhodes – He was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April 1989.

32 – James Milan – Found decapitated. However, the Coroner ruled his death was due to “natural causes.”

34 – Richard Winters – A suspect in the Ives/Henry deaths. He was killed in a set-up robbery July 1989.

THE FOLLOWING CLINTON BODYGUARDS ARE ALSO DEAD
35 – Major William S. Barkley, Jr.
36 – Captain Scott J . Reynolds
37 – Sgt. Brian Hanley
38 – Sgt. Tim Sabel
39 – Major General William Robertson
40 – Col. William Densberger
41 – Col. Robert Kelly
42 – Spec. Gary Rhodes
43 – Steve Willis
44 – Robert Williams
45 – Conway LeBleu