In Other News

1000011537.jpg

@Mikie you never told us!?!?..….... South lake Tahoe!

Sort of interesting that I have been called for Jury Duty only twice in my life ... both this summer. One Federal, one local.
If I were a conspiracy theorist (aka, almost always right), I would think I was being Republicanly targeted. :cautious:

All good. My group is 5150 (can't make this Sh!t up). I am 6'1 185ish of all kinds of blue eyed devil. Let's goooo!

Sort of interesting that I have been called for Jury Duty only twice in my life ... both this summer. One Federal, one local.
If I were a conspiracy theorist (aka, almost always right), I would think I was being Republicanly targeted. :cautious:

All good. My group is 5150 (can't make this Sh!t up). I am 6'1 185ish of all kinds of blue eyed devil. Let's goooo!
I've been called three times, empaneled twice and served as foreman once. I didn't see it as a conspiracy other than the fact that they love putting educators on juries.

I've been called three times, empaneled twice and served as foreman once. I didn't see it as a conspiracy other than the fact that they love putting educators on juries.

So, you're not smart enough to get out of jury duty?

I kid...my daughter, at age 21, got called. Carped. Complained to the ends of the earth. "Why do I have to do this?"

And she got empaneled. And the (civil) case went to trial.

In the end, she voted against awarding any damages in the case. And came away enlightened as to the value of jury duty.

I have not been on a jury. Maybe because of the books I carried with me. :whistling:

See theres your problem, you're 6'1, I'm only 6' and got automatically dq'd :p

Just tell them you're a dirty foreigner, you'll be out of it before you know it.
Helps if you have a Kiwi-Aussie-South African-Euro accent of some kind.

BTW - one of my APs wil be reporting on Tuesday right alongside @Obsidian. I am sure she will be empaneled because a.) they love educators and b) thick south of the border accent (and fluent in Spanish).

Helps if you have a Kiwi-Aussie-South African-Euro accent of some kind.

BTW - one of my APs wil be reporting on Tuesday right alongside @Obsidian. I am sure she will be empaneled because a.) they love educators and b) thick south of the border accent (and fluent in Spanish).

My wife who is a teacher and gets a summons every year. Every year is crazy to me. My son who just turned 19, got a summons last week.

Last edited:

Later that day after court on the 5:00 news:

BREAKING NEWS! Blue eyed devil sentenced for dis'n the judge.

I never mess with judges nor the IRS. Everyone else is fair game. :laugh:

Escaped day one, but I need to call in again today after 5. Worse than waiting on the cable company in the 90's. :laugh: I guess they can string me along for up to 5 days.

In voir dire, the answer to "can you be fair in this case" is "If the police arrested him/her/them/it, he/she/they/it must be guilty."

In voir dire, the answer to "can you be fair in this case" is "If the police arrested him/her/them/it, he/she/they/it must be guilty."

I was sitting behind the defense bench and the Bailiff was next to them.
The court needed a interpreter for the interpreter for the defendant, really.
When it was kinda quiet during the pause, I asked the Bailiff if the defendant was an American citizen.........possibly a little loud, I don't remember. I was dismissed quickley thereafter.

Well, they got me. Headed over to jury duty this morning. 7:45 to 5. I am hoping they kick me right out. Wearing a nice shirt with an American flag on the sleeve, and I have not shaved in two weeks. :sneaky: If I get stuck there all day, at least I will have free A/C .... supposed to be 94 over here today.

Today is also the 10th anniversary of taking delivery of my first mountain bike, 09/05/14. Awwww. You never forget your first. :laugh:

Well, they got me. Headed over to jury duty this morning. 7:45 to 5. I am hoping they kick me right out. Wearing a nice shirt with an American flag on the sleeve, and I have not shaved in two weeks. :sneaky: If I get stuck there all day, at least I will have free A/C .... supposed to be 94 over here today.

Today is also the 10th anniversary of taking delivery of my first mountain bike, 09/05/14. Awwww. You never forget your first. :laugh:
Tell them you're a mountain biker. That should do the trick....

R.I.P

Sergio Mendes

60 Years of amazing music.. I remember hearing it on my dad's radio when we were driving around in that old Ford Comet

Then I went to see him on the remix album he did with Will.i.am at the Hollywood bowl flat out amazing

Herb Albert came out and played too..

True international artist

Influence so many people.... So many songs we just take for granted now

This is old Eartha Kitt no less :)

Last edited:
R.I.P

Sergio Mendes

60 Years of amazing music.. I remember hearing it on my dad's radio when we were driving around in that old Ford Comet

Then I went to see him on the remix album he did with Will.i.am at the Hollywood bowl flat out amazing

Herb Albert came out and played too..

True international artist

Influence so many people.... So many songs we just take for granted now

This is old Eartha Kitt no less :)

RIP. Iconic musician!! Samba, bossa Nova........... that's music!!!!

I am ... inexplicably ... a juror in a murder trial. Can't say more than that at this time ... but it should be interesting.

Not sure how I am going to manage work, as I am the only person in my company who does (or even knows how to do) my job. Looks like early mornings, late evenings for a month or so. :confused:

I am ... inexplicably ... a juror in a murder trial. Can't say more than that at this time ... but it should be interesting.

Not sure how I am going to manage work, as I am the only person in my company who does (or even knows how to do) my job. Looks like early mornings, late evenings for a month or so. :confused:
I'm guessing they think you'll make an informed and impartial decision. Your post mentioning "inexplicably" kind of implies otherwise though. But I have faith that you'll make a decision based on evidence alone.......:thumbsup:.... they're guilty I tell you! Guilty! or not....

I'm guessing they think you'll make an informed and impartial decision. Your post mentioning "inexplicably" kind of implies otherwise though. But I have faith that you'll make a decision based on evidence alone.......:thumbsup:.... they're guilty I tell you! Guilty! or not....

Inexplicably, because I legit thought I would be instantly removed. As in first. :cautious:

I am nothing other than extremely fair and open minded ... so likely one of the best possible selections of all time.

My only objection to jury duty was the work impact. They might finally make me train a backup, aka, "replacement" this time ..like they have been suggesting for years. :laugh:

Wow, you're much better at keeping it under wraps than I was. I told everyone and anyone about my murder case. I was running my mouth at lunch one day with a friend and I came around a corner and one of the other jurors looks up at me from his coffee and we both just busted up laughing.

Back