I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Not to derail the thread, but my pharmacist said the "regular" flu is really debilitating this year, so I'm going to wear my mask.

I had Covid back in August and barely had a sniffle

Got hit with the flu the week before thanksgiving and while it didn't knock me down, I felt like crap for about a day, but it left a nasty nagging cough in the upper part of my chest... dry heaving cough and nothing produced. Oh and I had laryngitis for a week.

Masks are for sheep. Be a lion!

(A lion who coughs a lot and has to stay off the bike due to respiratory infection.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwQtxKest6ansSbml5_SS5vid0ZoUfyqF3kw&usqp=CAU.jpg

Rawr

I did not ride my bike today. Went to Blackstar to try and get little ride in to test the garmin 830 which has been having a bit of a problem lately. Did take a picture of the nice sunset.......
20231216_163307.jpg

and then managed to fall into the rock lined drainage ditch. :facepalm:
20231216_175039.jpg

Went to ER and got 6 cuts scrubbed and super glued. CT scan negative.

Not a big deal, I'll be OK.

I did not ride my bike today. Went to Blackstar to try and get little ride in to test the garmin 830 which has been having a bit of a problem lately. Did take a picture of the nice sunset.......
View attachment 91809

View attachment 91810

Just a flesh wound. No time to bleed.

View attachment 91809

View attachment 91810

Since you will be ok, how's the bike??

No riding cuzz I was more interested in feeling the burn of some 12 ounce curls today. Not a fun week at all. We have been slowly trading the crud to one another around the house and I guess it's my turn. This sh!t will likely die of alcohol poisoning if I have anything to say about it...
While I thought it was a kind gesture, I had an employee try to rip me up one side and down the other, call me a thief, a liar, a racist and many other bad words for only giving him a holiday bonus that was well in to the 4 figures. Anyone wanna buy a machine shop?

On the bright side I watched a bunch of YouTube MTB videos today for my drunken entertainment. First I watched a bunch of local/localish trails that I've ridden and laughed at most of them. Then I watched a few videos of some OC trails frequented by others here. I gotta say you guys have some good stuff and I think I had the totally wrong opinion. First I watched one of the Luge. In my mind it was a roaring fast "Jamaican Bobsled " flow trail but to my suprise it looked to have lots of rocks, ruts and exposure and looked really fun to ride. Then I watched several others (Rockit, Cholla etc..) and realized you boys have some darn good stuff down there. When my sorry ass snaps out of this overworking giving a rats ass bullsh!t and gets some fitness back I'd like a tour of some of the OC goods.

...Then I watched a few videos of some OC trails frequented by others here. I gotta say you guys have some good stuff and I think I had the totally wrong opinion. First I watched one of the Luge. In my mind it was a roaring fast "Jamaican Bobsled " flow trail but to my surprise it looked to have lots of rocks, ruts and exposure and looked really fun to ride. Then I watched several others (Rockit, Cholla etc..) and realized you boys have some darn good stuff down there. When my sorry ass snaps out of this overworking giving a rats ass bullsh!t and gets some fitness back I'd like a tour of some of the OC goods.
We have rocks. Mostly rocks that don't move when you ride over them. Unless you ride Joplin or Silverado Motorway. Then the rocks move with you. You LA types have exposure and switchbacks. A lot more dangerous, in my book.

And yes, The Luge has a little bit of everything - speed, bermed turns, loose rocks, fixed rocks, little ledges, kickers, fast switchbacks and some exposure. It's never steep though - and no roots. It's a fave for sure!

C'mon down. If I am ambulatory I can show you some of the good stuff. If I'm limited, there are others!

Last edited:
Back