Wrightwood… Wait? What? Nope! Meet at Newcome Ranch!

@Mikie , where do you wanna ride 9/28?
Well…
Wrightwood is where I “wanted” to ride. Chilao is a huge favorite as well. I leave the next day, Sept. 29th, to drive back to Arkansas, so unfortunately a weekend thingy just won’t work for CJ and I.
I so want to spend time with as many hooligans as I can out in Cali. I miss you all big time.

Sounds minor but I really don’t want to drive for days through Los Angeles, so O.C. is probably out for me. :whistling: We need that particle transport machine so we can all arrive at the same location in minutes! And, I no longer own a Time Machine! (Let’s see who remembers those days). Where is Elon Musk on the important things when you need him!

Last edited:
I really don’t want to drive for days through Los Angeles, so O.C. is probably out

I must say I sympathize. I missed the first half of The Penultimate Rush Concert (R40@Irvine) due to LA->OC traffic. Took us 5 hrs from west 818 to Irvine Meadows...f#@$% ugly. If it's north of Hollywood, I can probably make it. I also have a heinous drive on 30th.

Besides...y'all got no real mountains down there. :whistling:

back in my working days I would leave early and go to vendors in Huntington Beach also Irvine. I would drive straight through Downtown and then to the OC. I would leave the OC latter in the morning, and that is where the fun begins. I would look at the OC hotspots and determine the distance was too far from the Spectrum to make it worth the ride. So I would play in traffic all the way back.
I called it the Dragon. You can control the dragon, but not both ways...
Happy not in the playbook trails

Well…
Wrightwood is where I “wanted” to ride. Chilao is a huge favorite as well. I leave the next day, Sept. 29th, to drive back to Arkansas, so unfortunately a weekend thingy just won’t work for CJ and I.
I so want to spend time with as many hooligans as I can out in Cali. I miss you all big time.

Sounds minor but I really don’t want to drive for days through Los Angeles, so O.C. is probably out for me. :whistling: We need that particle transport machine so we can all arrive at the same location in minutes! And, I no longer own a Time Machine! (Let’s see who remembers those days). Where is Elon Musk on the important things when you need him!
Your post has a lot of words but it doesn't say anything definite.

Inspiration Point/ Middle Merrill/Sunset Ridge/Lower Sunset/El Prieto.

Central to all interested parties. There, done.

here is the skinny on Iron mtn.
All roads recently closed due to the Fork Fire have reopened at this time. However, it is not recommended for anyone to hike the Heaton Flats Trail / Iron Mountain Trail or use the area in and downhill from the Fork Fire burned area for recreational use of any kind. Hazards could include potential rolling rocks and vegetation; landslides, mudslides, and debris flows; hidden hot spots burning underground that you could step into unknowingly, and fire burning slowly inside trees. Major injuries or death are possible. Please consider exploring another area of the Angeles National Forest.

I used to camp on the Pacifico summit. They had a lot of old climax & massive Ponderosa pines. It is out of the way and I would not see anyone else there
It's not like that anymore. Every time we go, there is at least a few parties camping up there, if not several. They are always up at the top. The lower sites, down the road a short way, are almost always empty.

Evacuation orders lifted for residents of Wrightwood.
Bad news is that it looks like the fire continues to burn near Jackson Lake
Doesn’t the Fire Department realize that the imtbtrails Hooligans want to ride there? Sheesh!
Your post has a lot of words but it doesn't say anything definite.

Inspiration Point/ Middle Merrill/Sunset Ridge/Lower Sunset/El Prieto.

Central to all interested parties. There, done.
This should be a famous statement…
“What do confused people do? …Nothing, because they are confused.”
Heading to California tomorrow! It’s only a 24 hour drive if we don’t stop for gas and food and sleep! :laugh::whistling::cry:

Well I guess I’m out for this, wherever it takes place. Kind of a double whammy, I’ll be attending a memorial service for a longtime family friend on Saturday and I’ve also been dealing with a bout of pleurisy. I’ve dealt with pleurisy a couple times in the past and it’s always resolved itself within a few days but I’m probably 3 weeks in this time and it’s only somewhat better.

Well I guess I’m out for this, wherever it takes place. Kind of a double whammy, I’ll be attending a memorial service for a longtime family friend on Saturday and I’ve also been dealing with a bout of pleurisy. I’ve dealt with pleurisy a couple times in the past and it’s always resolved itself within a few days but I’m probably 3 weeks in this time and it’s only somewhat better.
Oooof - that double sucks. Sorry to hear. I hope your lung issue resolves soon.

Back