Wrightwood… Wait? What? Nope! Meet at Newcome Ranch!

I was all set to be at Newcomb's ranch, and then I remembered that to get there I have to take the 91 west to the 605 north (I-5 to 605 is a no-go on a work day) to the 210 west to the 2 north.... :gag:

Someday Caltrans will wise up and repair and reopen the 4.4 mile stretch of SR 39 from Crystal Lake junction to SR 2. Even if only to bikes & peds (alternate 3). The bighorn sheep will readjust to where they were prior to 1978.

Caltrans sneakily does not date their missives, but the meetings dates kinda give it away.

Anyone wanna carpool up the mountain? I can rendezvous at the REI in Arcadia with anyone who wants to ride with me. @rossage?
What's the good word on a tailgate shindig post-ride?

Last edited:
Spent part of my work day in Wrightwood.
Road closed just west of town well before the slopes. Lots of gray but some green too. Lots of singed trees. Hopefully many will survive.
Picture looking southwest from the edge of town.

Attachments

• IMG_2283.jpeg
    IMG_2283.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 29
Obviously I am limited on household resources, let me know what I. An go buy food related and I’ll do my best.

Who all are in? C’mon! Show and have some cruising’ fun! Plus I am recoding the vid for the imtbtrails channel.
I’m still in. I liked @scan ’s approach when he brought tailgate charcuterie at the last WW ride. That with beer and chippies is easier than grilling ribeyes and hot dogs for four people.

Back