Wrightwood… Wait? What? Nope! Meet at Newcome Ranch!

Gotta route planned?
I was thinking the usual suspects:
Park at Newcomb, climb up Highway 2 to the upper trailhead of Silver Moccasin to Christian Camp, make the left to Drop the next section of Silver Moccasin to Chilao Loop Road, make the right to Chilao-Hillyer Fire Road and climb up to Santa Clara Divide Road, make the hard right to Mt. Hillyer Trail, take that back down to Silver Moccasin to repeat that section then make the left on Chilao Loop Road back to Newcomb.

However!
If Chilao is preventing many of you from riding, I would prefer to abandon this and ride somewhere else. I want ride with as many Brothas as can happen on my one ride in Cali.
I leave for home early Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Are you not attending?
No, sorry not this time. Too much going on lately to escape from anything other than short and local where riding is concerned.

I was asking because, although I know that you tend to park there to start your ride in that area, I had forgotten your route because we always park inside Chilao when we go and that's what I'm used to. It makes sense to park at Newcombs if you're planning to ride the Silver Moc from Three Points, which we don't do.

Have a great ride fellas!

Last edited:
Proposed route. I believe this is what Mikie outlined.
This gets all the goods:p

Attachments

• Newcomes to Chilao, silver moccasin.PNG
    Newcomes to Chilao, silver moccasin.PNG
    454.9 KB · Views: 36
No, sorry not this time. Too much going on lately to escape from anything other than short and local where riding is concerned.

I was asking because, although I know that you tend to park there to start your ride in that area, I had forgotten your route because we always park inside Chilao when we go and that's what I'm used to. It makes sense to park at Newcombs if you're planning to ride the Silver Moc from Three Points, which we don't do.

Have a great ride fellas!
Bummer was looking forward to hooking up with you.

I am out. I have already driven up to L.A. once this week (which is more than enough for any year and, more importantly, I have to work at least 4-5 hours tomorrow to catch up from my seemingly never ending jury duty. While I could, theoretically, work after the ride, I also know that will never happen. :laugh:

Have fun and take lots of pics (but please limit the # of pics of @DangerDirtyD )

I am out. I have already driven up to L.A. once this week (which is more than enough for any year and, more importantly, I have to work at least 4-5 hours tomorrow to catch up from my seemingly never ending jury duty. While I could, theoretically, work after the ride, I also know that will never happen. :laugh:

Have fun and take lots of pics (but please limit the # of pics of @DangerDirtyD )
Dammit!
Unacceptable! :(

I was all set to be at Newcomb's ranch, and then I remembered that to get there I have to take the 91 west to the 605 north (I-5 to 605 is a no-go on a work day) to the 210 west to the 2 north.... :gag:

Someday Caltrans will wise up and repair and reopen the 4.4 mile stretch of SR 39 from Crystal Lake junction to SR 2. Even if only to bikes & peds (alternate 3). The bighorn sheep will readjust to where they were prior to 1978.

Caltrans sneakily does not date their missives, but the meetings dates kinda give it away.

Unacceptable! ☹️

Unacceptable! ☹️

I have to go to Calabasas on Sunday. For an engagement party for someone I barely know, and whose parents are kinda irritating. To get there I have to drive through downtown Los Angeles (I-5 to US-101). :poop::sick::stop:

To get to Newcomb's I also have to drive through Los Angeles. :poop::sick::stop:

There is just no way I can do that twice in one weekend. Much less in one year. My sanity is important to me.

But all y'all have fun, and let us know how it went. :)

Back