Who's Riding Where???

Anybody interested in a pre dads day jaunt in the woods..... wrightwood? Saturday
I looked for you!

Actually , I just saw this, and didnt decide to go till this morn. Bummer..

Self shuttled BlueRidge, Leppy, Jackson and BoyScout. Didnt see another MTBer.

PXL_20240615_180350725.jpg

PXL_20240615_180409236.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to negotiate the permit/fees site and gave up. So confusing. We stopped at Big Rock Cree too. You are supposed to have an Adventure Pass there too but no one did. Of course you aren’t supposed to dam up the flow of the creek either and they always do that too.
I don’t go to places like that to hear loud music and loud parties. If they get a ticket they aren’t going to pay.
Whoops. Rant over.

Headed up to Flagstaff tomorrow to get a small amount of relief from the heat though admittedly riding at 0630 in Prescott is just fine. Going to take some folks to the new Full Sail trail. They call it a flow trail but it’s tighter than what most consider a flow trail and there’s plenty of reasons to stay focused. I think it’s more racy…with obstacles, side hits, rollers and a couple table tops thrown in.

Headed up to Flagstaff tomorrow to get a small amount of relief from the heat though admittedly riding at 0630 in Prescott is just fine. Going to take some folks to the new Full Sail trail. They call it a flow trail but it’s tighter than what most consider a flow trail and there’s plenty of reasons to stay focused. I think it’s more racy…with obstacles, side hits, rollers and a couple table tops thrown in.
I think I saw a video of this new trail recently. Yep, gotta stay focused.

I watched a few videos on trails in Simi Valley. They have some tough trails out there.
Do any of the IMTB Hooligans ride there ?

I watched a few videos on trails in Simi Valley. They have some tough trails out there.
Do any of the IMTB Hooligans ride there ?
Yep, Hummingbird is the gnarliest I feel comfy on riding my Izzo. But there is a wonderful loop that takes you a ways up a canyon then you climb up to a ridge and follow that back toward Rocky Peak. I've also ridden Chumash and Johnson's, both fun.

Here's a few clips of me sessioning the techy sections with Steve. I believe this was my first pass ever through there?

Last edited:
Yep, Hummingbird is the gnarliest I feel comfy on riding my Izzo. But there is a wonderful loop that takes you a ways up a canyon then you climb up to a ridge and follow that back toward Rocky Peak. I've also ridden Chumash and Johnson's, both fun.
Here's a few clips of me sessioning the techy sections with Steve. I believe this was my first pass ever through there?

That looks like fun. Thanks for sharing.
Just added to my bucket list.

Hummingbird is the most mild of the three most popular ganr-gnar trails up there. The other two, The Grudge and Undertoe, are a bit gnarlier. Full enduro or dual crown bikes are what most ride on those two trails.

Those two trails we're the ones I watched and are above my pay grade. Flying thru the air without my bike doesn't sound like fun. I was thinking my Mach 6 would survive, but it would kill my SS.

Looks like the 15th - 20th temps are going to dip under 100° so I have a 5 day window to get my riding in.
If I can find the trails at Miami Creek area I may give those a try. That is where the ORVs and motos go.

Back