Who's Riding Where???

Seven Oaks Trail. Pineknott approach and Radford retrurn to Fall Line etc. Tomorrow or Friday. All new dirt except the stuff along the town.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at   7.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at   8.24 PM.png

Anyone done Seven Oaks? I'm ready for some fun...

Last edited:
Seven Oaks Trail. Pineknott approach and Radford retrurn to Fall Line etc. Tomorrow or Friday. All new dirt except the stuff along the town.

View attachment 68742

View attachment 68743

7 Oaks is a lot of fun... A little bit steep and a lot of loose. That's @Voodoo Tom sliding down the mountain in front of me at the 1:20 mark. :D

View attachment 68742

View attachment 68743

7 Oaks is awesome....but it's a brake burner. Loose kitty litter on the top half, a few tech spots, narrow, steep....you'll dig it.

Radford on the on the other hand.....sucks. Will suck even worse in this heat. There is a little shade at the very bottom for a few mins, then it is out exposed in the sun the rest of the way up. Bugs could be heavy down at the bottom in the trees. I think it took me about 1:02 and 1:13 to climb it. You have been warned. :Roflmao

Last edited:
Bring your head net for Radford

7 Oaks is ok but its a fast descent for the amount of time you'll spend climbing back. Personally I'd climb back up 7 Oaks Rd to SART, then up and over Wildhorse to get back to BB instead. But that will make for another good ride for you later.

I've never really heard this option mentioned, I like it!!!

Yes, if you climb up onto the ridge top where the Sugarloaf trail is there is another trail that drops down the far side. Its labelled part of Sugarloaf trail on Trailforks but I've always know it as Green Valley as that's where it drops you. Then you can pick up some forest roads and unsigned singletracks back toward the bottom of Skyline. Much longer and less direct than going up Radford or Clarks but worth it unless you have a deadline.

Umm yeah looks like I’ll be riding the couch this weekend...:(
View attachment 68758
Ouch! :eek:

Thats if you stay in Castaic....
:sneaky::thumbsup:

Overnight lows in BB Lake will be in the high 50s through the heat wave, highs cresting at 87° Sat and Sunday. Pretty do-able for anything that doesn't take all day. In lieu of John Bull loop I'll head up for a maiden drop of 10-ply on Sunday (or Sat?), approach via 2N10/Skyline. Anyone up for that, LMK and we can meet up. Just like Tahoe...super easy to get a jump on the goods before the sleepyheads and drunks get caffienated enough to function. Fukking ski towns... :geek:

Overnight lows in BB Lake will be in the high 50s through the heat wave, highs cresting at 87° Sat and Sunday. Pretty do-able for anything that doesn't take all day. In lieu of John Bull loop I'll head up for a maiden drop of 10-ply on Sunday (or Sat?), approach via 2N10/Skyline. Anyone up for that, LMK and we can meet up. Just like Tahoe...super easy to get a jump on the goods before the sleepyheads and drunks get caffienated enough to function. Fukking ski towns... :geek:

If it wasn't Labor Day weekend... Gotta stay close this weekend.
You still up there next week?

Hmmmm

I'm hoping to get up there some time this weekend... maybe Sun or Monday. TBH I'm reluctant to drive up there on a holiday weekend during a heat wave, I think half of SoCal is going to be up there. The beaches are going to be 95F, so no relief there, mountains are it! Might stay lower on the mountain in Seven Oaks, but would still have to hit that early in the day as well. Do I sound vague enough???

Back