What's Cooking?

Filets mignon. You can spend a lot or a little. This grill was $129...if it lasts 3 years it's a steal.

Lotsa possibilities with this one.
View attachment 74197

So it turns out that three years is exactly how long it lasted....

Charcoal tray is eaten through completely. I have a short-term workaround, but it's going to the curb for "large item pickup" soon. Need to find a new one.

Beef, it's what's for dinner and the wifey says this 4 lb tri tip was the smallest one they had at Ralphs.:eek:
Reverse seared is how I like it so it's low for a while before torching for a couple minutes at the end...

But I'm out of lump charcoal for the Kamado and the Traeger is on the disabled list...:cry:
IMG_7335.jpeg

So I'm making due with my tiny little Weber. This thing never disappoints...:thumbsup:
IMG_7332.jpeg

IMG_7337.jpeg

Beef, it's what's for dinner and the wifey says this 4 lb tri tip was the smallest one they had at Ralphs.:eek:
Reverse seared is how I like it so it's low for a while before torching for a couple minutes at the end...

But I'm out of lump charcoal for the Kamado and the Traeger is on the disabled list...:cry:
View attachment 92982

So I'm making due with my tiny little Weber. This thing never disappoints...:thumbsup:
View attachment 92984

View attachment 92985

My wife just bought a Traeger for me. I was cooking all the meats in the oven because the trash truck demolished my old grill picking up our bin. I haven't taken it out of the box yet. You don't get the smokey goodness out of the oven.

Ribeyes on the grill over mesquite lump, with sauteed mushrooms in a dash of soy sauce and red wine; dirty red mashed spuds, mashed with milk, sour cream, butter, horseradish mustard, chives, and ranch seasoning.

I'm almost comatose.

View attachment 93018
Lousy monster steroid injected Sam’s Club chicken breast for me. I tried to doctor them up with bbq sauce, cheese, bacon, avacado and tomato but truth be told they weren’t that great.
IMG_7371.jpeg

Grilled ribeye. Mesquite chunk on top of regular ol' sruff. With a twice-baked potato.

Both items from Gem Meats in Yorba Linda. Not inexpensive, but so dang good.
View attachment 93103

I have some Elk in the freezer, wanna try that ?
You cook it sloooooow or it will be as tough as a new pair of Doc Martins.
I am hoping to be down there in June, before it gets too hot.

The annual Greek Festival at St John the Baptist Greek Orthodox church (technically in Buena Park, I think) is fully underway. The invasion of our streets is at its apex. We get comped free entry and two free Gyros for the inconvenience, so I am not complaining. And it's across the street. Doesn't get easier than that.

Tomorrow will be the attainment of ulimate leukomathes coma, and some other Greek stuff.

It's only once a year, so I can justify this.

Last edited:
The annual Greek Festival at St John the Baptist Greek Orthodox church (technically in Buena Park, I think) is fully underway. The invasion of our streets is at its apex. We get comped free entry and two free Gyros for the inconvenience, so I am not complaining. And it's across the street. Doesn't get easier than that.

Tomorrow will be the attainment of ulimate leukomathes coma, and some other Greek stuff.

It's only once a year, so I can justify this.

Agreed. It also happens in Fresno once a year.
It is interesting to say the least.

I broke down and bought a new Grill brush....the wire brush and stone I had was getting old, never worked that well and I always worried about loose wires. So after reading some review I bit the bullet and bought a Grill Rescue BBQ brush. Damn, this things works. Follow the direction and a few strokes and the grill is clean and ready to go. Cost is high, but for me pretty much a game changer. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quite a few folks on here grill and if you haven't I say try it, don't think you'll be disappointed. ( ask your kids for the Fathers day gift,..hehehe)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YJ16RQG/?tag=imtbtrails0d-20

I broke down and bought a new Grill brush....the wire brush and stone I had was getting old, never worked that well and I always worried about loose wires. So after reading some review I bit the bullet and bought a Grill Rescue BBQ brush. Damn, this things works. Follow the direction and a few strokes and the grill is clean and ready to go. Cost is high, but for me pretty much a game changer. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Quite a few folks on here grill and if you haven't I say try it, don't think you'll be disappointed. ( ask your kids for the Fathers day gift,..hehehe)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YJ16RQG/?tag=imtbtrails0d-20
That's cute, I don't get to choose what my wife and kid get me for father's day or, any other holiday. When I try my wife says something to the effect of "You're a grown-ass man with your own money. Get what you want and we'll get you what we want."

Back