The Weather Thread

Fun times in Raymond yesterday

Screenshot_20240302_102816_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I’m still working. It’s nesting bird season, and the landscapers don’t care, but the developers have to jump through all the hoops in the State to build things.
Ironically, I just watched this about an hour ago. Hadn't seen this thread first.

This is a good climbing song. Out of the saddle mashing! For those who ride without motors, I salute you.

Last edited:
You ok out there @Mikie
Saw they just canceled day 3 due to storms
Hey thanks for thinking of me Derek.
Yeah, not good. We live about 20 miles from the devastation.
A small town of Decanter was crushed. Bentonville had some damage, Rogers was smacked hard. We have friends at our church whose house was totaled.

A 2 story and they slept up stairs.
upload_2024-5-27_15-47-2.jpeg

This is downstairs.
upload_2024-5-27_15-47-50.jpeg

We kept getting these texts starting around 2:00am early Sunday morning. I was about to tell CJ to shut her phone off when she realized it was Jenny texting they were hunkered down under the stairs as the bedroom up stairs where they slept was gone.

Sunday morning main transportation arteries were shut down with thousands of trees ripped out of the ground and tossed across the highways.

We spent over 4 hours trying to get to them and finally had to give up.
The town of Rogers, where our church is, literally looked as if it was in a bomb raid from World War II.

I just got back from the Church taking a generator and power cords to hook up a refrigerator and some lights for the daughters of the Pastor who is out of town.

Getting there and back from my place takes us on Hwy 12 that winds through a lot of the devastation. Heartbreaking to see folks who literally have nothing… have even less.

Huge oak trees that have crushed shitty little homes, and people standing outside looking at them as that was all they could do.

Thousands upon thousands of trees ripped out of the ground with a massive root ball 15 feet in diameter strewn about.

Not much of a Memorial weekend.

A small town of Decanter was crushed. Bentonville had some damage, Rogers was smacked hard. We have friends at our church whose house was totaled.

View attachment 93354

This is downstairs.
View attachment 93355

We kept getting these texts starting around 2:00am early Sunday morning. I was about to tell CJ to shut her phone off when she realized it was Jenny texting they were hunkered down under the stairs as the bedroom up stairs where they slept was gone.

Sunday morning main transportation arteries were shut down with thousands of trees ripped out of the ground and tossed across the highways.

The town of Rogers, where our church is, literally looked as if it was in a bomb raid from World War II.

I just got back from the Church taking a generator and power cords to hook up a refrigerator and some lights for the daughters of the Pastor who is out of town.

Getting there and back from my place takes us on Hwy 12 that winds through a lot of the devastation. Heartbreaking to see folks who literally have nothing… have even less.

Huge oak trees that have crushed shitty little homes, and people standing outside looking at them as that was all they could do.

Thousands upon thousands of trees ripped out of the ground with a massive root ball 15 feet in diameter strewn about.

Bless you for making the effort to help those in need. You're good man, my friend.

View attachment 93354

This is downstairs.
View attachment 93355

Wow - that's rough. I can't imagine. Thank you for being there for your community.

Back