The Movie Thread...

I tried to grab tickets early this morning for Oppenheimer in IMAX 70mm, and every showing for the day was already sold out. :confused:

The parking structure across from my place is jammed like Christmas, presumably for the movie theater at Metro Pointe.

I guess it is a popular one.:laugh:

I saw Sound Of Freedom last night and highly recommend it.

Very good movie. Very difficult movie to watch. Hard to feel good upon leaving the theater.

Based on a true story, and the main character is an absolute hero. Theater was packed ... no empty seats on a Wednesday night.

View attachment 89701

I never dealt with the issue but I had several buddies that worked the task force in San Diego that dealt with this issue. One is retired but still travels the country teaching at seminars for LE personnel. My son has only been on his own in the field for a few months and has already "recovered/saved" a girl who was a victim of this issue.

I never dealt with the issue but I had several buddies that worked the task force in San Diego that dealt with this issue. One is retired but still travels the country teaching at seminars for LE personnel. My son has only been on his own in the field for a few months and has already "recovered/saved" a girl who was a victim of this issue.

Well, not to give away the ending, but it is the most unhappy happy ending in movie history. I prefer to focus on the American hero.

I tried to grab tickets early this morning for Oppenheimer in IMAX 70mm, and every showing for the day was already sold out. :confused:

The parking structure across from my place is jammed like Christmas, presumably for the movie theater at Metro Pointe.

I guess it is a popular one.:laugh:

I tried to buy tickets yesterday for this weekend in 70mm, no luck unless I wanted the first row.

Saw Road House the other night. We liked it. It was entertaining. Really good music. Coner McGregor played the bandy legged leprechaun from a box of lucky charms, and not that well. But at least the fight scenes and other mayhem were over the top.

Last edited:
Hooked up the DVD player the other day 'cause I got flicks to watch. Put in the movie Snatch to watch it for the umpteenth time, and yeah, it was still a good laugh. Great flick.

What's happening with the Sausages?
be ready in 5 minutes!:thumbsup:
5 Minutes? you said they're be ready in 2 minutes 5 minutes ago o_O

snatch movie.jpg

Last edited:
Hooked up the DVD player the other day 'cause I got flicks to watch. Put in the movie Snatch to watch it for the umpteenth time, and yeah, it was still a good laugh. Great flick.

What's happening with the Sausages?
be ready in 5 minutes!:thumbsup:
5 Minutes? you said they're be ready in 2 minutes 5 minutes ago o_O

View attachment 92843
We just did the same on Sunday night with High Fidelity.

If you are like me, you love this one. Trust me. On Netflix.

I liked Land Of Bad a lot. Next night, we watched The Outpost, also N-flix. It was good, very intense action. Last night, on a war movie roll, we watched Sniper - The White Raven, a Ukrainian movie on Paramount +. It was pretty good too. Need some brain cleansing comedy tonight. :)

I liked Land Of Bad a lot. Next night, we watched The Outpost, also N-flix. It was good, very intense action. Last night, on a war movie roll, we watched Sniper - The White Raven, a Ukrainian movie on Paramount +. It was pretty good too. Need some brain cleansing comedy tonight. :)
Cool. I will check out The Outpost tonight. That looks right up my alley. :thumbsup:

I watched The Outpost last night. Great rec. That was intense.

After that, I tried watching Everything Everywhere ... but yeah, no. I made it about one hour. If that was that year's best picture, it 100% should have gone to Maverick.

Finished the night with American Assassin. Not bad, not great.

Back