Post One Photo and Sentence or Comment

Took the kids down the hill to Oakley for a BMX show. Thought I may as well check out the store whilst I was there. Chatted for a bit to one of the sales guys and he mentioned they had a museum of sorts behind the store.
Walked round the corner straight into this legendary steed. Looked like the real deal, had definitely been ridden.
*I may have contemplated getting the kids to make a scene so I could sneak it out past security :whistling:
View attachment 93520
I'm pretty sure I was lapped by a blond guy riding this bike in a race in Gunnison in 1991 or '92.

Re-live the glory days! I have an S-Works M2 in the man cave, it'd definitely fit you. We can race :sneaky: I'll bring the Proflex to make it fair. You'll have much better suspension and bars greater than 4xx wideo_O

Full disclosure, we will both be on v-brakes :whistling:

That'd definitely be reliving the old days! V-Brakes! Grab, squeeze hard and hope you stop in time :confused:.
Gotta check out the S-works M2, Ah memories.....and suspension, mine was a hard tail with a manitou sus fork maybe 80 mm travel at most. Really don't think it did much but make it easier to crash...:facepalm:

That'd definitely be reliving the old days! V-Brakes! Grab, squeeze hard and hope you stop in time :confused:.
Gotta check out the S-works M2, Ah memories.....and suspension, mine was a hard tail with a manitou sus fork maybe 80 mm travel at most. Really don't think it did much but make it easier to crash...:facepalm:
M2's a hardtail here as well. You'll be fine*.

*You might lose a filling or 2 but if it makes you feel better I can put a talas on it for ya. Extra cushy!

there is nothing wrong with V brakes. If the wheel is true enough to pass it is fine. I spent many a year on V brakes lots of styles, center pull, sidepull. Good pads will help. If they are old they will get noisy and hard. I remember screaming trails and having rubber melted on the rim.
Happy trails in the good past times

I had those centerpulls, before that I had the center pulls that were horizontal, that more vertical style was a newer concept

And me without a bike :cry:
IMG_1817.jpeg

Hey - your fork's on backwards!

And yes, I've done it too. But not since the inner tube days. Easier to fix without the slime.
The problem is my daughter Courtney happened to be standing there as I was saying only a __________ would install a new tire in the wrong direction. Worst part is I had already injected Stans. I'm not mad. I'm not! I'm not! Lol- fixed.

View attachment 93555

IMG_9875.jpeg

I feel like cosmic dirt was a brand that was really trying to do something different in mtn biking. A brand that was trying to bring in women and the LGBTQ community. I guess they're calling it quits next month, which is a loss. I don't think they got a good shake.
There are brands like Team Dream, Topanga Creek , Blue Lug, that I try to support because they're a little different-like I am-and a little more fun.
I know Team Dream tries to keep all of their production in the US. Which, again, is a big plus to me. Topanga definitely does as much as they can in house. I guess I'm just suggesting that we support the scene. I think cycling can be a lot like punk music. Look out for the people who are looking out for you and know what it's all about.

Back