HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!!

@kingaucho Talbot was a Ranger for a short stint. If there is one thing the Rangers are good at. It would be picking goalies. Sadly they don't always keep them. And, yes Quick has been a wall in net for the Rangers. Hoping he can mentor our #1 Shesterkin back to his Vezina winning ways.

He came out today apologizing for everything and said he is seeking treatment for his alcohol abuse issues. Some team needs to pick him up on the cheap. Even though he a is "The Worm" and a dirtyh player. He'd be good to have on your team. Kinda like The Rat Marchand. Everyone hates them until their on your team.

He came out today apologizing for everything and said he is seeking treatment for his alcohol abuse issues. Some team needs to pick him up on the cheap. Even though he a is "The Worm" and a dirtyh player. He'd be good to have on your team. Kinda like The Rat Marchand. Everyone hates them until their on your team.
I remember trying to play games with an alcohol buzz, and I couldn't skate any better than @herzalot rides a bike! Playing safe was a different story; everything was in slow motion, and I felt like I had plenty of time in the slot and in the corners.

I remember trying to play games with an alcohol buzz, and I couldn't skate any better than @herzalot rides a bike! Playing safe was a different story; everything was in slow motion, and I felt like I had plenty of time in the slot and in the corners.

Way back when… I played on a tournament team in Vegas. Every single player was either drunk and or stoned for each game. We win the tournament. No loses. Celebrated each win by going straight to the bar. Good times.

The Avalanche won a game tonight in which they never had the lead! Never. Not for a second.

The Rangers - well, let's just say they were entitled to a bad night. But wow! Still - at the very pointy end of the NHL stick right now, with 2 games in hand over my Avs. I just want both teams to do their jobs and finally get to the Stanley Cup finals at the same time. I have given up on my fantasy of a Detroit-Colorado rematch.

Last edited:
Overall the Rangers are playing exceptionally well. And, none of the fans or expert analyst could of predicted that. We SHOULD get better as the season moves along. Still playing without two top line forwads (Chytil and Kakko). Chytil is likely out for the remainder of the season. Kakko hopefully returns within a few weeks. If we can pick up a top right winger and a defenseman at the trade deadline. We should go deeeeeep into the playoffs. Hopefully resulting in Lord Stanley's Cup in our possession. But, it's a long season and anything can happen at anytime. So, I'll stay optimistic and root for them regardless of end of season outcome. LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

The Jets? Really? Winnipeg? Didn't they used to suck before they became the Phoenix Coyotes?

The do have the coolest jersey (sweater) though.

Jets Jersey.png

So now it's the Canucks and the Jets leading the NHL with the Oilers on a ten game winning streak. What the heck is happening up there in Canadia, eh?

Avs are slipping a little. Something like 2-5 in February including an OT loss to the Rangers. :eek:

But hey, they are 2-1 in their last 3, so maybe they are righting the ship? :thumbsup:

And seeing @Cornholio pull out the skates and gloves makes me want to do the same, but I did that last year for about 15 games. That was sufficient to let me know the skills I never had got worse. My skating was fine, but stick handling was dismal. :oops:

Avs are slipping a little. Something like 2-5 in February including an OT loss to the Rangers. :eek:

But hey, they are 2-1 in their last 3, so maybe they are righting the ship? :thumbsup:

And seeing @Cornholio pull out the skates and gloves makes me want to do the same, but I did that last year for about 15 games. That was sufficient to let me know the skills I never had got worse. My skating was fine, but stick handling was dismal. :oops:
Yea, my hands are bricks these days too. Skating is still the hardest part.

15 games! That’s a lot, just sayin. “old man”

I will probably regret it but I just put my name in the “I need a team” hat at Anaheim Ice.

Fun fact: I skated in the Duck’s inaugural opening ceremonies (1993)

Back