Wildlife encounters

I thought I saw something with a tail run by one of the windows last night but I was sure it was a cat’s tail.

This morning I found this in the back yard.
I don’t mind the local coyotes hanging around. But I certainly don’t want to clean up after them. That’s one of the reasons I don’t keep my own pets.

E70F4E77-4049-43D9-A3F8-72C1CBFFCDD1.jpeg

I thought I saw something with a tail run by one of the windows last night but I was sure it was a cat’s tail.

This morning I found this in the back yard.
I don’t mind the local coyotes hanging around. But I certainly don’t want to clean up after them. That’s one of the reasons I don’t keep my own pets.

View attachment 89288
What are those remains from?

Just cleaned it up, it was an opossum. Crazy how they separated the organs and ate everything but those, the spine and the tail. Then it left a nice BM just to say "F-you."
Death by coyote pack is violent. The pack each grab a limb of their captured prey and pull in separate directions until the animal comes apart. And that's after they have had their fun rag dolling their captured prey around for a bit. They are evil animals.

I was riding my usual ride a little over an hour and ago and pedaled right past a mountain lion. It was crouched in a shallow drainage on the shoulder no more than 10ft away. The flicking tail caught my peripheral vision and in the 0.5 second it took me to realize what I was looking at, I was beside it and looking it in the eyes. It was as surprised as me I think because its attention was on something in the drainage pipe under the road. I was going up a 12% grade or something doing maybe a fast walking pace. I just kept going while scrambling to get the nearly empty can of bear spray out of my jersey which I had only been carrying due to recently troublesome dogs later in the route. The cat stayed where it was until I lost visual. Pulled the rip cord before getting back to that section and called for a ride. It was going to be getting dark and it's a slow section with zero phone signal.

I'm looking at the data and my watts went up at that point by 40% and my HR from 158 to 184 without me even realizing.

On the way back was this:
20230723_2012166.jpg

I was riding my usual ride a little over an hour and ago and pedaled right past a mountain lion. It was crouched in a shallow drainage on the shoulder no more than 10ft away. The flicking tail caught my peripheral vision and in the 0.5 second it took me to realize what I was looking at, I was beside it and looking it in the eyes. It was as surprised as me I think because its attention was on something in the drainage pipe under the road. I was going up a 12% grade or something doing maybe a fast walking pace. I just kept going while scrambling to get the nearly empty can of bear spray out of my jersey which I had only been carrying due to recently troublesome dogs later in the route. The cat stayed where it was until I lost visual. Pulled the rip cord before getting back to that section and called for a ride. It was going to be getting dark and it's a slow section with zero phone signal.

I'm looking at the data and my watts went up at that point by 40% and my HR from 158 to 184 without me even realizing.

View attachment 89778

Easy bunny hop.

View attachment 89778
Donde?

I forgot about the scorpions up here in the mountains.
We had one hanging out in the bathroom in a corner of the ceiling this morning.
Time to release the Guinea hens. . . .
Yup! I thought scorpions hung out in places like the Mojave Desert and stuff. I seem to be blessed with hundreds around the property. Forget Snakes on a Plane. Scorpions freak me out for some reason. Find them a lot in the bathroom.

We currently have this hanging out on our back porch ceiling. You think, “ No big deal until you realize he is about 2 inches plus long. :unsure: Fortunately, it’s a Yellow Garden Spider and more good than bad. :thumbsup:

IMG_3601.jpeg

Last edited:
Back