The Automobile Thread

The Baby helped me change an air filter today:

53993586154_181b50707e_z.jpg

Got all the basics covered:

53984937550_94ce4f9306_z.jpg

I think a lot of brand’s are listening to customer pushback on touch controls. VW got rid of the awful haptic controls in the latest releases, and rumor is Subaru is stepping back from the giant screen when they redo the Outback for next year
I hope so! It's what keeps me out of BEVs for sure. Well that and a typical car we buy is around the $10k price point. You can buy a lot of dino-juice for the cost of a BEV!

The Honda prologue , Chevy blazer, and caddy lyriq are all essentially the same vehicle with different spins. Equinox is still based on the ultimate tech, but still a separate vehicle.
Okay, I knew it was one of them.

I think a lot of brand’s are listening to customer pushback on touch controls. VW got rid of the awful haptic controls in the latest releases, and rumor is Subaru is stepping back from the giant screen when they redo the Outback for next year
How do Tesla owners feel about their touch screens?

The perfect interior:
3_-_BMW_E30_M3_Cropped-min.jpg

Makes me wish I had a manual transmission again. At a certain time in my life, after driving manual transmission cars for over 25 years (much of that in LA traffic), I decided it was time to go back to an automatic. Didn't regret it in the short term, but after about 17 years of driving automatics, plus the fact that I no longer drive in LA traffic, I would like to go back. Rented a car on a trip to Spain in the not-too-distant past, and of course it was a manual. Really enjoyed driving that car during the trip.

I've driven a Model 3 Tesla, and while the acceleration, engine braking, and go-kart handling make it exciting and crazy easy to drive, I think it might get boring over time. Maybe, maybe not. Pretty great car.

I definitely prefer to have the most used controls in any car to be manual rather than touchscreen.

Makes me wish I had a manual transmission again.
Go get one while you can... they are becoming few and far between.
Just read that Ford is going to keep a V8 MT Mustang in production until they are told they can't any more!

I currently have the proper number of pedals, and no screens.
I'm probably going to keep this car as long as I'm driving.
Just hit 238,000 miles Friday!

53278756153_bd7793d115_c.jpg

Back