Sleepy time

On the same subject to legislate desired outcome ignorant of reality: I went downtown early yesterday. It seems Los Angeles has a lot of open space and all open space is used for camping. The 101 is lined with people just settling in on the right of way. Upper class people are populating all the overpasses to campout. The downtown streets are a continuous stretch of plastic tarps and tents. Because of this success story new legislation is being submitted to promote the Mayor to represent our country in India. He will fit in there perfectly to match all of his efforts here in the city of Angels. I was there early and got to glimpse the community as I passed. The sidewalks that were free of tarps were being used as urinals. Lucky for me I did see #1 and no # 2. Walk carefully and ride carefully when out in LA. That mud in the gutter probably is not actually mud.
Happy trails in our urban Utopia

On the same subject to legislate desired outcome ignorant of reality: I went downtown early yesterday. It seems Los Angeles has a lot of open space and all open space is used for camping. The 101 is lined with people just settling in on the right of way. Upper class people are populating all the overpasses to campout. The downtown streets are a continuous stretch of plastic tarps and tents. Because of this success story new legislation is being submitted to promote the Mayor to represent our country in India. He will fit in there perfectly to match all of his efforts here in the city of Angels. I was there early and got to glimpse the community as I passed. The sidewalks that were free of tarps were being used as urinals. Lucky for me I did see #1 and no # 2. Walk carefully and ride carefully when out in LA. That mud in the gutter probably is not actually mud.
Happy trails in our urban Utopia
The conditions you describe are why my wife and so many more heads won’t take mass transit for mobility. Makes me wonder who’s steering the ship.

It was so very sad. If we are going to allow sidewalk camping the city must supply restrooms and showers coupled with regular (daily) trash collection. These people are down on their luck, a little more compassion other than saying "it is ok to camp here" is needed. All paid campgrounds I go to supply at least a pit toilet. This Camp LA is a little sketchy, I do not see me going there on vacation.

It was so very sad. If we are going to allow sidewalk camping the city must supply restrooms and showers coupled with regular (daily) trash collection. These people are down on their luck, a little more compassion other than saying "it is ok to camp here" is needed. All paid campgrounds I go to supply at least a pit toilet. This Camp LA is a little sketchy, I do not see me going there on vacation.
I wouldn’t be surprised if at least a quarter of these people enjoy their urban lifestyles. It’s a perpetual tailgate party.

that is true, most like it. There are a small group who are at the end of there rope. The regulars take advantage of themstealling what little they have left. I follow the LAPD officers blog who covers the Topanga and Ventura blvd area. Even with the regulars a little sanitation will go a long ways. He says there is no honour among thieves.

that is true, most like it. There are a small group who are at the end of there rope. The regulars take advantage of themstealling what little they have left. I follow the LAPD officers blog who covers the Topanga and Ventura blvd area. Even with the regulars a little sanitation will go a long ways. He says there is no honour among thieves.
I say there shouldn’t be any thumbs among thieves either. Well, at least wait until they get into their 20s. Then the thumbs should be fair game.

Just here to bitch about snow removal equipment being exempt from quiet hours. BTW, it’s not snow removal equipment, it’s snow moval equipment. They move piles of snow like 70 yards to a “better” spot.

Truckee: Great base for recreation; shytty place to live. Just like the beach – millions-dollar properties with homeless and druggers pissing and sleeping in public. Stuck-up beach vibe galore and civic pride void. Wannabe mountain town on a 6-lane freeway. I won’t miss it.

Just here to bitch about snow removal equipment being exempt from quiet hours. BTW, it’s not snow removal equipment, it’s snow moval equipment. They move piles of snow like 70 yards to a “better” spot.

Truckee: Great base for recreation; shytty place to live. Just like the beach – millions-dollar properties with homeless and druggers pissing and sleeping in public. Stuck-up beach vibe galore and civic pride void. Wannabe mountain town on a 6-lane freeway. I won’t miss it.

Snow plows... The necessary evil in snowy climates. I used to hate hearing them coming! They were good at leaving presents at the end of the driveway and taking out the mailbox. :laugh: I'd take the swamp heat of Florida over this if I had to make a choice.

On a positive note, the grape farmer down the road made a killing plowing the driveways...

scan0006.jpeg

scan0008.jpeg

scan0027.jpeg

3:06 at the office, and "the General Plan EIR determined that there is adequate landfill capacity in the region for solid waste, which includes the General Plan buildout."

The knucklehead called buildout of the General Plan solid waste. I wouldn't want to live in that City, I tell you what...

2:10 am in Durham, NC. Can’t sleep cuz of work stress. I’m overwhelmed. Crazy parents are killing me and my staff. :stop: o_O :bang:
My parents were always on your side over mine; always. I suppose that’s why I sometimes work all night to fix the Sh!t authored by the people whose parents overwhelm you.

BTW, I slept from 10:30 last night until 9am today, and it was glorious! Not as exhilarating as riding El Prieto on a dinky bike with Faustie at 3am, but pretty damn close, and I feel just as satisfied.

My parents were always on your side over mine; always. I suppose that’s why I sometimes work all night to fix the Sh!t authored by the people whose parents overwhelm you.

BTW, I slept from 10:30 last night until 9am today, and it was glorious! Not as exhilarating as riding El Prieto on a dinky bike with Faustie at 3am, but pretty damn close, and I feel just as satisfied.

I just got back from riding El Prieto (and Sunset...), and I must say it seemed a lot quieter for some reason. I can't put my finger on what was missing... :laugh: :whistling:

I started the lower Sam climb in the dark, and only saw a few hikers. Uncrowded the rest of the way back to JPL. :thumbsup: The Ground Control on the front will be more than enough tire for next week.

14/2700... The most full value short loop around. :inlove:

2:01 in a desk chair, and the Jurupa Hills Population of the Delhi Sands Flower Loving Fly (Rhaphiomidas terminatus abdominalis) is approximately one mile south of the project site within the Jurupa Recovery Unit .

Last edited:
Back