Seeking a Reciever Hitch Tray Style 2 Bike Rack

Looks like I'll be in the market for a new rack now. I had a guy basically shear-off my rack this morning. I'm thinking the only change will be from the Silver Kuat sherpa to the black.

Oh, I should also add that I had to deal with Kuat Customer service a week ago for a small part and they were awesome! They sent out a replacement free of charge.

My last rack was a Sears special that we had for 20+ years. It was a 4 bike hanging style. I think it was made out of cast iron, because it weighed a ton. It also bounced around a lot. Speed bumps were murder.

The Thule T2 has been impressive so far. I only have the 2 bike version for now, but I actually went looking for some speed bumps to test it out. It's solid, and there is no bounce or play. I should have replaced that other rack years ago...

When the need arises, I'll get the 2 bike add-on for it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
pics of racks or you're lying! :thumbsup:;)
If anyone can bend it back into shape or use the scrap metal it's yours (once I have the insurance squared away.)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My last rack was a Sears special that we had for 20+ years. It was a 4 bike hanging style. I think it was made out of cast iron, because it weighed a ton. It also bounced around a lot. Speed bumps were murder.

The Thule T2 has been impressive so far. I only have the 2 bike version for now, but I actually went looking for some speed bumps to test it out. It's solid, and there is no bounce or play. I should have replaced that other rack years ago...

When the need arises, I'll get the 2 bike add-on for it. :thumbsup:

I'll share a story about that on Sunday....it'll make you think twice about speed bumps.

I have the T2 with 2 bike add on and it has been flawless for 8 yrs now. It's stable and very solid. When I replace it one day, I'll go with 1up. I like the design and the fact that as the rack extends further out it angles upward. I have bottomed out with the Thule in 4 bike mode pulling into parking lots and such.

I'm looking to get a platform style rack on the cheap. Any of you guys who upgraded to the 1Up willing to unload a Yakima, Kuat or Thule?
Looking for 2" for my truck.
Also looking for one that doesn't touch the frame.
Another benefit would be one that sits a bit farther from the vehicle. Hitch pin to end of open tailgate is about 19".

I have used a Thule T2 for many years and have always been really bummed about how heavy if is.
So as my family grew I was not excited about adding the 2 bike add on. So I bought a 1 UP and had a 1 1/4 reviewer welded into the back of the T2 where the add on would go....now I have a 2, 3 or 4 bike carrier. Or a nice light 1 bike with the 1up.

20160528_085430.jpg

Back