Second Annual IMTB Big Bear SKYLINE! Takeover

Now that you mention the cooler temps, what are the odds of being struck by lightning? I'll bring the wet lube!
Guess it depends on how much lightning to expect. Anyone live up there? If not, I'll send a freind of mine a message and see what he thinks. SART would be an option for me, I think a strike there would be less likely.

Not when it turns to MUD!
Pretty sandy though, should make it more tacky I would think.

Crafts and Cranks Pro/Cat1 course was about 25 miles. A little change can add more single track and remove the fireroad at the beginning. Included Plantation, Wet Dream, Skyline, Plumbers, Pirates, and Fern. Unless someone already has a route.
I believe this was done last time. The idea of 2 groups was mentioned earlier. I posted earlier Maddog and I were probably going to climb up the Moonridge side to fire road , then hop on skyline.

Me and Maddog IN!!!
I believe this was done last time. The idea of 2 groups was mentioned earlier. I posted earlier Maddog and I were probably going to climb up the Moonridge side to fire road , then hop on skyline.
Yep, I'm in with scan! Never ridden Skyline before so I'm looking forward to it. We're gonna adjust the climbing a bit by going up the FS road at the start and stringing together a few more FS roads on the west end to return to SS hopefully with a little addition of the lower 1/3 of Going Green if we can access it easily. Looks like it can be done on the map from Trailforks:thumbsup:! Of course we may run out of gas and take one of several bail-outs on the return but since it's going to be cool, I think we'll do the intended loop. Anyone is welcome to join us on this modified route.

Guys, I'm out...
Cathy reminded me she was out of town this weekend and I have to stick closer to home. It's a 5 hour round trip for me to Big Bear. Maybe hit up Wrightwood.
You kids have fun storming the castle!

Back