Name That Trail!

abuck55

For this pic just name the place not the trail.

image.jpg

Foggy Ridge Fireroad sounds like a nice name. This is a trail-naming contest isn't it? Did I win? :lolno:

herzalot said:
Foggy Ridge Fireroad sounds like a nice name. This is a trail-naming contest isn't it? Did I win? :lolno:

You're a winner in my book!! No matter what the others say....

BTW that is a pretty good name. I think I'll write a song about it and call it "Foggy Ridge Fireroad Breakdown"!

Hijacked....

Last edited by a moderator:
Never would have guessed. And I've ridden it!

Mark, do tell what road that is and what direction you're shooting. Cheers, pal.

I'd really like to add the Gran Fondo to my list of rides this year...

I figure it will be easy compared to the 50 mile run that my friend just did out there... :shock:

mike said:
Never would have guessed. And I've ridden it!

Mark, do tell what road that is and what direction you're shooting. Cheers, pal.

Don't know the name of that fire road. I wanna say it was heading North-West about halfway through the Grand Fondo Ride which totally kicked my ass! But views!!!....

Thanks, Mark. Glad you got some fun in out there.

I understand some of the riding we did is now closed to independent bike teams, so it would be tough to go back. We saw one other bike there in four days. Every dirt road rider should get out there and check it out, though. It's like a trip back in time. Downright exotic... Thanks for the memories 8-)

I want to do the Catalina Gran Fondo... but it falls on the anniversary with the wife. I jokingly brought up a Catalina get away weekend (where'd I'd go riding half a day) and was laughed back at me. :oops:

Oh well :) hehe

Cougar said:
I want to do the Catalina Gran Fondo... but it falls on the anniversary with the wife. I jokingly brought up a Catalina get away weekend (where'd I'd go riding half a day) and was laughed back at me. :oops:

Get her into mtbing - problem solved. :D

So pretttttttty.

After seeing me ride for a year, the wife picked up a ~$800 specialized hard tail for herself, but she's too damned competitive to go out with me yet. She's a year behind on fitness/skills and complains she'll just hold me back. Not to mention the chances we both can go out are very slim with three young boys at home. But I'm working on that angle... maybe just not in time for this year's fondo :)

Cougar said:

I brought my GF to the Grand Fondo. We made a weekend out of it.
Got a hotel, checked out the island. She liked it.
Sell it to her Cougar! :-)

I think that's right. Or close enough. It's sycamore canyon in San Diego. Trail to Martha's grove. Took this a few years ago.

moto knight said:
Mabe skin suit

That crossed my mind. It does look like Skyline down there, but the trail is going sorta the wrong way. If the image was flopped it would be looking like Coldwater. Eagle Trail is probably more overgrown.

uh, Rox, I don't think they're on a trail and no trail in the pic, you trying to hijack? I know, it's a "what's wrong with this pic" thing! I'll play....
no helmets
seats are too low for full leg extension
hedges need to be trimmed.

Back