Guerrilla Gravity, Denver CO

The regular Honzo is pretty sweet… The Honzo ESD above is a different animal. Slacker, bigger fork, etc.
Yeah mines just a regular Honzo, 66 degrees is plenty slack enough for me. Although I'm only running it at 120mm on the front so it may not even be that! I'm kinda torn at the moment, it can go up to 140mm, but should my hardtail have more (front) travel then my full squishy? It doesn't feel like it needs more travel, just the rider feels like it needs more skill :facepalm:
I will say this though, I'd struggle to justify an off the shelf $1500 steel frame over my $599 steel frame, even if it is made locally.

Yeah mines just a regular Honzo, 66 degrees is plenty slack enough for me. Although I'm only running it at 120mm on the front so it may not even be that! I'm kinda torn at the moment, it can go up to 140mm, but should my hardtail have more (front) travel then my full squishy? It doesn't feel like it needs more travel, just the rider feels like it needs more skill :facepalm:
I will say this though, I'd struggle to justify an off the shelf $1500 steel frame over my $599 steel frame, even if it is made locally.

This... ^ The Honzo has a cult following for a reason. At $600 it's an absolute steal! I can't see the Pedalhead reaching cult status with that pricing scheme. Those guys are smoking too much of something...

And about that other question above... The 150mm fork on the front of the Moxie came off the Hightower. I'm cruising Pinkbike now looking at 170s for the hardtail. It wants more. The little fork will go back on the Hightower. :laugh:

And... ? :D

I'm kinda torn at the moment, it can go up to 140mm, but should my hardtail have more (front) travel then my full squishy?
For comparison you have to add front and rear of the FS. :p Yuks aside… I think it totally depends on your intent and preference. My PH was set up with 120, 130, 140; Dingo with 140 and 150. 120 was okay on the AZT but too limiting as a trail bike IMO. 140 made the limited GG cockpit feel untenably small. Dingo is a way longer bike that seems to benefit from shortening the cockpit. The 150 on that bike is the best configuration of it for me. Kinda makes sense that the middle of the range a frame is designed for is the sweet spot. 130-140 is a great size for a do it all HT. Again, depending. So that clears up everything, eh? :cautious::rolleyes:

Last edited:
If rumor is to be believed, it seems that GG closed its doors yesterday. I haven't been paying much attention lately, but caught a post in the the GG FB group a week or so ago insinuating it was coming. Those rumors seemed to gain momentum culminating in multiple reports that all GG employees were let go yesterday. Bikes are no longer available for purchase on their site. I didn't realize that Revved became its own business, producing thermoplastic for other industries, and GG had basically become the (not-profitable) side hustle. Though I'd sort of lost interest, partly because it felt like they had as well, GG was a big part of my stoke as I got back into mtb. Pour a sip.

If rumor is to be believed, it seems that GG closed its doors yesterday. I haven't been paying much attention lately, but caught a post in the the GG FB group a week or so ago insinuating it was coming. Those rumors seemed to gain momentum culminating in multiple reports that all GG employees were let go yesterday. Bikes are no longer available for purchase on their site. I didn't realize that Revved became its own business, producing thermoplastic for other industries, and GG had basically become the (not-profitable) side hustle. Though I'd sort of lost interest, partly because it felt like they had as well, GG was a big part of my stoke as I got back into mtb. Pour a sip.
Hey Bugs! I “liked” this… but I don’t like it. :(

@buggravy , your post made me go through this entire thread again. Nostalgia and sentiment are my nutshell. 4 party barges under the sun later, and I’m soaked! Anyone else still on a metal GG? @mike ? @Sassyquatch? Et al.?
Same, I re-read the entire thing before posting, and reminisced about all the stoke I had at that early stage. Bikes in and of themselves aside, it got me thinking of the camaraderie on those group rides and the hustle and bustle of this place not all that long ago.

Such a bummer. I still run into people who get excited to see a GG in the wild.
Idk, American made carbon, I might have to hang on to this frame…

It's sad to see an innovator leave the arena. I'm not shocked they went out, though, for a couple of reasons. The rush to carbon seems like the main one.

It was a cool brand that had some good ideas and left a legacy of good bikes. I never fell for the carbon ones but I'll never ditch my extra-medium alloy Smash.

In the end they're just replaceable tools for fun and adventure. If mine last, great. If I have to replace them with custom non-motorized bikes, I'll happily do it to keep mountain biking.

IMG_2950.png
IMG_2951.png

Back