Guerrilla Gravity, Denver CO

So the cauldron of knowledge that is the Pinkbike comments section would have us believe that they're about to announce Remy Metailler joining Yoann on GG as well. It's buried in there somewhere, but a couple posters posted that one or both of them alluded to it on social media.

So the cauldron of knowledge that is the Pinkbike comments section would have us believe that they're about to announce Remy Metailler joining Yoann on GG as well. It's buried in there somewhere, but a couple posters posted that one or both of them alluded to it on social media.
Oh Sh!t!!!! Now THAT would be a Coup d'Etat! Oh sorry, untimely metaphor. That would be AWESOME! I'll sell my CO bike and buy another CO bike - GG!

Both of those guys rip!! I enjoy watching their content. Never will attempt most of what they do though!

Ooo, new newness on the horizon. Same tease for the Trail Pistol as well. Word on the streets for the Smash is rear travel goes to 140 (from 145) to sit squarely in between the TP and Gnarvana, along with lower BB and longer chain stays. I have mixed feelings about all of that. I wonder what will actually be able to be ordered once the new bike is released. Maybe they stashed away some components to actually sell a few bikes to those with a quick trigger finger.

https://ridegg.com/pages/2021-the-smash#

Ooo, new newness on the horizon. Same tease for the Trail Pistol as well. Word on the streets for the Smash is rear travel goes to 140 (from 145) to sit squarely in between the TP and Gnarvana, along with lower BB and longer chain stays. I have mixed feelings about all of that. I wonder what will actually be able to be ordered once the new bike is released. Maybe they stashed away some components to actually sell a few bikes to those with a quick trigger finger.

https://ridegg.com/pages/2021-the-smash#

I got an email a few weeks back that bikes were or, are available. I wasn't really paying attention though, just kind of glanced at it.

Hmmmm, what could it be? The hint screams Revved replacement for the Pedalhead. But the Trail Pistol has mysteriously disappeared from the site today, and there was a rumor that the Smash would go down to 150f/140r for less overlap with the Gnarvana. Maybe with Revved stays?

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 11.26.42 AM.png

I predict... No more metal rear triangle. When they went to plastic in the front, I said they'd eventually follow with a full plastic bike. It makes sense, and was an incremental progression (smart!). :thumbsup:

I'd also guess that they will offer replacement rear triangles for the 1/2 and 1/2 bikes currently out there... (maybe not initially...)

I predict... No more metal rear triangle. When they went to plastic in the front, I said they'd eventually follow with a full plastic bike. It makes sense, and was an incremental progression (smart!). :thumbsup:

I'd also guess that they will offer replacement rear triangles for the 1/2 and 1/2 bikes currently out there... (maybe not initially...)

I have a plastic hardtail and a steel adventure bike. I'm currently riding the steel bike more. :cool:

Well, sh!t. Revised geo, purchasable as a complete SS.

https://ridegg.com/products/pedalhead?option=Race
The official end of an era. US carbon is cool, but I think US metal could have gone farther. I'm sure it's a fun bike now that they fixed the reach and ST length. What about that half-assed geo chart? Maybe something to do with "Liquid error (sections/product.liquid line 604): Could not find asset snippets/rev_ph-pdp.liquid"...

The official end of an era. US carbon is cool, but I think US metal could have gone farther. I'm sure it's a fun bike now that they fixed the reach and ST length. What about that half-assed geo chart? Maybe something to do with "Liquid error (sections/product.liquid line 604): Could not find asset snippets/rev_ph-pdp.liquid"...
Sounds like the specifications are fluid.

Unless I read incorrectly I believe it’s still steel. But yes, for the love of all things holy please at least give us some hta and sta. Guessing you’re right about the error message.

Interesting bike... Still quite portly, though. It's quite a few grams heavier than the Moxie, even though it's rated for a lot less travel.

And I'm getting the error mike mentioned, so I can't see the geometry numbers. Curious to see what they've done.
Portly price tag too, though I guess it's a sign of the times. Built the way I'd do it, it came to just over $5K. For a steel bike with no shock, no drivetrain, and aluminum wheels, that feels like crazy town. Geometry also seems like a step in the right direction, but not a full send in to modernity. 65° HTA, 460mm reach on a large. I'd have hoped for a little more reach. Chainstays grew by 9-18mm, and wheelbase by 30mm. STA is MIA. This one is going to be a pass for me.

Back