Fire Season Stuff

It's right next to the Morton Peak fire lookout on the north side:
Wow, bummer, remember riding that at the end of HellRide one year.
This was BB saturday around 11ish, before the smoke came, and then rain, thunder and lightening. But the Punk band kept on playing at Summit!

Attachments

• PXL_20240907_174140612.jpg
    PXL_20240907_174140612.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20240907_223123497.jpg
    PXL_20240907_223123497.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 17
Truly unfortunate that all the good stuff (GMR, GRR, MTT, Baldy, Holy Jim, etc) is either 110 degrees or on fire.

FLoop tomorrow, maybe. But the painters aren't done and the access panel for the whirlpool tub is in need of replacement, before the painters get to that point....

Owning a home can impact ride time.

Nasty. I hope all who have homes in the area around Whiting/Luge are not at risk.
We're fine, maps haven't updated for awhile but the cabins at Holy Jim could be in trouble. Robinson Ranch got evacuated, surrounding areas are under caution. It looks like its heading up and over into Riverside. Seems like they were managing to hold it to Bell Ridge on the other side.
Bell Ridge gone
Ding dong gone
Cadillac below the split gone
STT above Cadillac gone at least to the clearing before dropping down to Old Camp
Joplin ??
Holy Jim ??
Also it appears to have crossed main divide on the switchbacks above Joplin to the peak.

Maps just updated. If they are accurate then Holy Jim is gone again, all of the work on Trabuco etc is probably done for. STT from Cadillac to the clearing above Old Camp is burnt. Joplin is hanging in there.

It appears to have gone over main divide and heading down riverside way, they are now on evacuation warning. :oops:

F@ck

Latest map shows all of lower holy jim canyon burned up to main divide and also the next ridge to the east, and not far from Yeager on south side. Cabins are inside the fire perimeter. Fire is well into the Holy fire scar. I guess things can be killed twice . I am nauseous

Apparently we have public works to thank for starting the Airport fire with heavy equipment. They were moving boulders to block access of "vegetation" to motorcycles. The last Holy Jim fire was caused by the Rangers demolishing the old dams with dynamite, again on a super hot day with no firefighters on site.

Back