Coronavirus. Not to be confused with Norcovirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if we are going to talk numbers and death... Gee what a happy thought! :thumbsup:
Around 56 Million abortions are performed each year, and we can choose to stop that.
Approximately 2.8 million people die from obesity each year, yet we get excited about a new flavor of Doritos.
480,000 deaths from smoking each year in the US alone. Between 1964 and 2014, 2.5 million people died from exposure to secondhand smoke.
56,000 deaths each year from the Flu in the USA.

None of this stuff shut down our country. None of you guys are going to get me excited about any of this. I wash my hands, I use hand sanitizer, I wear surgical gloves at the gas station, I go to work, I come home, I snort some Tailwind, I ride my bike. :thumbsup:

All I want to know, is... how did you find out? :eek:
It’s the snorting part of your post that concerns me. First, it starts with Tailwind, then you move on to something more potent. And so on, and so on....

I guess if we are going to talk numbers and death... Gee what a happy thought! :thumbsup:
Around 56 Million abortions are performed each year, and we can choose to stop that.
Approximately 2.8 million people die from obesity each year, yet we get excited about a new flavor of Doritos.
480,000 deaths from smoking each year in the US alone. Between 1964 and 2014, 2.5 million people died from exposure to secondhand smoke.
56,000 deaths each year from the Flu in the USA.

None of this stuff shut down our country. None of you guys are going to get me excited about any of this. I wash my hands, I use hand sanitizer, I wear surgical gloves at the gas station, I go to work, I come home, I snort some Tailwind, I ride my bike. :thumbsup:

All I want to know, is... how did you find out? :eek:

:facepalm::facepalm:

None of what you listed above, can kill me in 2 weeks.

None of what you listed above, can I contract just by being around someone.

yes, the flu kills 56,000 people each year...you said it, each YEAR. This virus has matched that in 3 MONTHS.

I feel like many people feel like this is just the common cold. Have I been affected by the virus....no. Have I been affected by the shutdown..::you betcha. It’s quickly gonna become a hard financial hit. But I’m Not gonna sit here and and claim that it’s not that serious, that the government overstepped their bounds.

does it suck....yes it does.

This thread has moved beyond its usefulness. I’ll stay out of this one.

I believe they check for both.

Correct! And then depending on the combination of +/- IgM/IgG antibodies and PCR (marker of infection), they can predict the state of infection.

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 1.49.33 PM.png

:facepalm::facepalm:

None of what you listed above, can kill me in 2 weeks.

None of what you listed above, can I contract just by being around someone.

yes, the flu kills 56,000 people each year...you said it, each YEAR. This virus has matched that in 3 MONTHS.

I feel like many people feel like this is just the common cold. Have I been affected by the virus....no. Have I been affected by the shutdown..::you betcha. It’s quickly gonna become a hard financial hit. But I’m Not gonna sit here and and claim that it’s not that serious, that the government overstepped their bounds.

does it suck....yes it does.

This thread has moved beyond its usefulness. I’ll stay out of this one.
Yeah, your going to die of bankruptcy before you die of Covid.
I agree, this thread is like every facet of the news out there all at once. Just a bunch of speculation.

What memorable “CV rides” will you look back on fondly? Or do regardless of the ongoing situation?

I got some fine AZ goods in, solo, family style and with rossage; solo bikepacking action too. About to build a new bike and head to a new primo location. Rock climbing will wait until the nat parks open. So, more riding it is. :)

Enjoy your down time if you got it. Our empathy to anyone affected adversely.

What memorable “CV rides” will you look back on fondly? Or do regardless of the ongoing situation?

I got some fine AZ goods in, solo, family style and with rossage; solo bikepacking action too. About to build a new bike and head to a new primo location. Rock climbing will wait until the nat parks open. So, more riding it is. :)

Enjoy your down time if you got it. Our empathy to anyone affected adversely.
“CV” is a term we locals apply to the area where I reside (Crescenta Valley).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back