You've got to be f-ing kidding me...detached retina

Your new avatar!

5YjA3LTRmMmItODcwOS0wNDM0MjY1ZDY5ZjQuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.jpg

Major bummer about your eye. I really hope the recovery goes well and you’re back riding quicker than you can blink (if you can blink right now).

You convinced me to schedule my eye appointment. I’m very nearsighted and started seeing floaters a month or two ago, hope it’s all good…

At least 4 weeks before I can ride.

Bonus item: the treatment for the detached retina will cause cataracts that will have to be surgically repaired! 100% guaranteed - and soon, I'm told. 6 mos to a year. YAY!!!!

Arrrrr 2.jpg

And wandering around with an eye patch is not as romantic as it appears in the movies. I keep running into Sh!t and being rude to people I can't see! :facepalm:

However, I do receive automatic discounts at tattoo parlors and piercing shops now. :thumbsup:

Bonus item: the treatment for the detached retina will cause cataracts that will have to be surgically repaired! 100% guaranteed - and soon, I'm told. 6 mos to a year. YAY!!!!

View attachment 93685

And wandering around with an eye patch is not as romantic as it appears in the movies. I keep running into Sh!t and being rude to people I can't see! :facepalm:

However, I do receive automatic discounts at tattoo parlors and piercing shops now. :thumbsup:
Just like scars, chicks dig eye patches!

Cataract surgery is easy breezy. It's likely that everyone will eventually need it, regardless of whether or not they choose to get it. Getting old sucks...

View attachment 93685

That 4 weeks will go by real fast. Tjis is good news. Catarct surgery is nothing these days

View attachment 93685

Maybe with the cataract surgery you'll no longer need contacts. At least that's what someone told me once.

But the pic begs the question, did you ride Stewart hard?

I ricocheted off the water a couple years ago waterskiing. I had all those symptoms too. No detached retina but with posterior vitreous detachment doc said don't take a hit or sudden head snap or look to the extremes for 3 months! I got through that and a year later the detachment is about complete. Like Snake said it happens with age. Doc said when I water sampled it sped up the process. Won't tell you what he said about the surgery.
Good luck Herzy.

Soooo just when I am getting back into mt bike shape, and after my too-good-to-be-true (not sarcastic) experience with hip replacement, I now have a detached retina and I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow.

I had some spots, floaters and flashing in my right eye a couple of weeks ago - so I made the appointment. It was pretty much resolving itself and was pretty minimal the last couple of days. I expected a clean report.

Doc says I need to have surgery within 24 hours. Unlike the hip, the recovery from this sounds miserable and long. I don't want to do it. I may not be able to ride for months - or ever.

Kinda feeling a little sorry for myself right now. I know I still have it better than most people in this world, but this is making me whiny and bummed out. :facepalm: :bang: :(

Hahahaha! that's funny lmao!

View attachment 93685

Back