Trail Bell Stations

You'll be happy to know that I have taken a liking to the Cafe Du Monde or whatever it's called and I'm applying it the night before, then wiping it down the day of the ride. That lasts me about 3-4 of my normal rides, including the mini rivulets on Borrego.

I will never go drop by drop on each roller. I still have enough pride not be a slave to my chain.
That's fine. I still drop by drop per each roller and wipe off.
Seems to last 3-5 rides.
Seems we both have similar success.
All good.

And here it is folks. Behold - Model Yew! "The last Timberbell I will need to purchase..."

Another Timber Bell - Yew!.jpg

:laugh:

That's the same lie your crew told you about that first shot. :cautious:
Not exactly sure what this means. If you are referring to the last time I complained about the Timber bell, I recall their answer was, "We are working on a new version, but here's a free one until then..."

But yes, I expect that the clapper will fall out of this one as well. The difference is I can now replace the clapper myself...allegedly.

Regardless, I don't have a problem spending $15 every other year to keep (most) hikers happy and out of the way.

And here it is folks. Behold - Model Yew! "The last Timberbell I will need to purchase..."

View attachment 92415
That's the one I recently got, the tagline at the bottom of the packaging was a lie straight out of the box. I'd say they're staying true to form...

Although a riding companion from last weekend did comment that the bell ringing everytime after I do a bunny hop was a nice finishing flourish.

I've had the same bell for at least 7 yrs. Paid zero dolores for it. Stole from our Christmas decorations. Zip tied it to my front brake cable housing. Yes, it's always on and yes, it's loud. I would love to ride with any and or all of you Timber Bell lovers just to torture you. :laugh: BTW, I also have I9 Hydra hubs that are also loud as FAK! Along with my annoying bell a swarm of bees is always with me on the downhills. Kinda hard not to hear me coming. Which is exactly the point.

I've had the same bell for at least 7 yrs. Paid zero dolores for it. Stole from our Christmas decorations. Zip tied it to my front brake cable housing. Yes, it's always on and yes, it's loud. I would love to ride with any and or all of you Timber Bell lovers just to torture you. :laugh: BTW, I also have I9 Hydra hubs that are also loud as FAK! Along with my annoying bell a swarm of bees is always with me on the downhills. Kinda hard not to hear me coming. Which is exactly the point.
Do you play loud music out of your handlebar-mounted external speakers too? :confused:

After 5ish years of faithful service the clapper finally fell out of my Timber bell yesterday. Luckily the back up Timber bell of the same age is still going strong, so I don't have to plunk down for a replacement just yet.

After 5ish years of faithful service the clapper finally fell out of my Timber bell yesterday. Luckily the back up Timber bell of the same age is still going strong, so I don't have to plunk down for a replacement just yet.
Write 'em a letter and they will give you one half price.

Good news y'all, the redesigned model YEW is out now? All parts replaceable!

"We are now fully in stock and ready to ship. Try out our new Model Yew! bells. Sturdier mounts, smoother shifting and built to last a lifetime!"

$30

According to Chris Lacy:
"The new Model Yew! is the strongest bell we’ve ever built. And all parts are now completely modular, including the cable and clapper ringer system. If anything wears out or breaks, you can replace it quickly and easily yourself. This is probably the last Timber bell you will ever need to buy."
My Timber Bell lost its clapper a few seconds into the descent, so no more ding-a-ling from it. This hindered my descent considerably with me having to slow for all the hikers and politely say "Get the F out my Way" or that's what I was thinking...actually said something to the effect of, "On your left, have a good hike"! This proved the value of this little ding-a-ling for sure.

Took the one that lost its clapper, and the other one I have that that is complete but won't stay off and tried to disassemble and creat one good bell. Well, that wasn't working as they do not come apart easily, so time to buy a new one......so Herz, how do yew like the Yew?

My Timber Bell lost its clapper a few seconds into the descent, so no more ding-a-ling from it. This hindered my descent considerably with me having to slow for all the hikers and politely say "Get the F out my Way" or that's what I was thinking...actually said something to the effect of, "On your left, have a good hike"! This proved the value of this little ding-a-ling for sure.

Took the one that lost its clapper, and the other one I have that that is complete but won't stay off and tried to disassemble and creat one good bell. Well, that wasn't working as they do not come apart easily, so time to buy a new one......so Herz, how do yew like the Yew?
Don't buy a new one. Write the company and ask for a replacement. They will give yew a Yew at 1/2 price, I'm sure.

And so far so good.

Cleaning the bike up this morning and noticed my latest Timberbell has lost the clapper. I have lost track of how many this is, including the Chinese knockoff I had. I had two new ones on hand so still one backup left. :laugh::laugh: I can't believe I stick with using these things, but I do like them when they work. :mad:

Cleaning the bike up this morning and noticed my latest Timberbell has lost the clapper. I have lost track of how many this is, including the Chinese knockoff I had. I had two new ones on hand so still one backup left. :laugh::laugh: I can't believe I stick with using these things, but I do like them when they work. :mad:
I guess I will have to figure a way to fix this issue of peoples clappers.....I will need one of the clapperless Timberbells and one that has it.

I guess I will have to figure a way to fix this issue of peoples clappers.....I will need one of the clapperless Timberbells and one that has it.
I have three clapperless Timberbells in my possession, and one of the new models which is slightly more robust. C'mon down!

Back