Stoke Diminishment

I’m not riding at all right now so coming here is not in my sights on a day to day basis. I couldn’t care less about e-bikers so not gonna use that excuse, I’m just busy with kids and being a “real” rider takes time and effort. I just cannot motivate to get on my mtb right now, often times I just think how stupid prices have gotten so I shy away from the sport. Same with skiing/snowboarding, just too expensive these days.

Maybe I’ll mtb again but I don’t see myself being a multi day a week trail rider anytime soon. Is what it is and when that goes away so does the passion and posting here.
You don't need to ride to read and post here, I mean look at @herzalot ;). Chime in and ride when you can. You don't have to be a "real" rider, plus its free!!!

You don't need to ride to read and post here, I mean look at @herzalot ;). Chime in and ride when you can. You don't have to be a "real" rider, plus it’free!!!

More of an out of sight out of mind thing. If I come here it reminds me that I’m not riding which gets me thinking about how I probably won’t be diving back into this sport/hobby. I’ve had dozens of opportunities to ride and I just don’t feel into it, at all. Haven’t even paid attention to a current or new products in all of 2023 and most of 2022, meaning I haven’t even been on any websites relating to mtb other than here.

I spend at least 8 hours on the little league field each week so at least I can say I spend time outdoors! :laugh:

100%

Watching my daughter cheer at the local HS game right now and heading out first thing tomorrow to go camping with my little dude and the Indian guides tribe.

Hey Cornholio-
Those are some great times! We did Indian Guides, Indian Princesses and our Fall Campouts were in Yucaipa. Son and daughter are 23 and 27 and they still talk about those times. I’m happy for you- enjoy

I’m envisioning [almost] all of you….clutching yourselves and your pillows and blankies…I imagine very little stoke is happening right now in your bedrooms. I could be wrong, but you could be climbing Lower Sam Merrill right now in anticipation of dropping down the front range of the western San Gabriel Mountains. Instead y’all are sleeping like babies and old men while we could be on a BIKERIDE! Damn nasty-ass hairy yucky spiders all up in the trees and bushes on the trail…

I’m envisioning [almost] all of you….clutching yourselves and your pillows and blankies…I imagine very little stoke is happening right now in your bedrooms. I could be wrong, but you could be climbing Lower Sam Merrill right now in anticipation of dropping down the front range of the western San Gabriel Mountains. Instead y’all are sleeping like babies and old men while we could be on a BIKERIDE! Damn nasty-ass hairy yucky spiders all up in the trees and bushes on the trail…
Almost, hehe.

The air quality is not to be fully stoked about, nor the wind forecast. I may go back to clutching a pillow.

Lions and Tigers and Bears oooooh my
That's why I don't night ride up here

This is why I woke up at 2! laid there for a bit and thought about getting up, but nawww it wasn't to be.....grab the pillow roll over and continue to dream of better things.

The big ass hairy spiders everywhere are awesome, they eat the nasty little skeeters and look better than any Halloween deco I put up.

Last edited:
Back