SQ lab Ergowave 611 Saddle

Mikie

Admin/iMTB Hooligan
When I built my Hightower, I eventually switched out the saddle to a Specialized Phenom with titanium rails. As much as I’m not a fan of Specialized, they do make some great saddles and tires.

Instantly my ride comfort went up especially since at that time I was doing much bigger miles and hours in the saddle. I prefer a wider and flatter saddle and the Phenom “mostly fit the bill.

Recently, I accidentally dropped a 7 foot Huck with a slight gap on my Hightower thinking it was rollable and slammed the ground so hard it bent my saddle rails really bad (and hurt my left shoulder to boot).

So… you would think I would jump on a new Phenom. Nope!

A few years ago I built an Ibis DV9 composite Hardtail and installed an SQ lab 611 Ergowave. It outshined my Phenom dramatically in comfort as it is even more flat and has an outstanding rear flair you can tuck into on climbs. I fell in love with the 611!

IMG_4081.jpeg

SQ lab is known for comfort and quality. My MTB Parts Drug Dealer Fadi, who I purchase all my bike parts through sells a lot of these saddles and gets a ton of positive feedback on them. The main comment? Comfort.

The 611 comes in several widths and rail options. Your typical chrome moly, titanium, and carbon. I would never buy a carbon fiber for a mountain bike, that is just asking for trouble. Definitely a road bike.
IMG_4082.jpeg

I am NOT easy on my bikes and have the broken and repaired bones to prove it, and the 611 saddle on my hardtail has survived well through many crashes and tumbles.

As well, I know we all are aware how fast our bodies and minds adapt to different components. For example my hardtail has Shimano Paddle Shifters and my Hightower has GripShift. 3 minutes on either bike and I’m fully adapted to the bike set up. However, I can definitely feel the difference between my phenom and my SQ lab and my butt wishes it has the 611 on both bikes. I notice my butt is a bit more sore after a big ride on the Phenom on a full suspension bike, compared to my 611 on my hardtail.

So although I didn’t want to toss out the coin for a new saddle, I got a behind the scene grin when I knew I could snag another 611 for my Hightower. I get an awesome price from Fadi on bike parts being a local and tossed out $103.00 for the Ti railed 15cm wide SQ lab 611.

Worth it? Hail yeah!
If yo azz ain’t happy on the trail, there is nothing you can do to make the ride better other than stand and pedal.

I highly recommend the SQ lab 611.
Mikie

When I built my Hightower, I eventually switched out the saddle to a Specialized Phenom with titanium rails. As much as I’m not a fan of Specialized, they do make some great saddles and tires.

Instantly my ride comfort went up especially since at that time I was doing much bigger miles and hours in the saddle. I prefer a wider and flatter saddle and the Phenom “mostly fit the bill.

Recently, I accidentally dropped a 7 foot Huck with a slight gap on my Hightower thinking it was rollable and slammed the ground so hard it bent my saddle rails really bad (and hurt my left shoulder to boot).

So… you would think I would jump on a new Phenom. Nope!

A few years ago I built an Ibis DV9 composite Hardtail and installed an SQ lab 611 Ergowave. It outshined my Phenom dramatically in comfort as it is even more flat and has an outstanding rear flair you can tuck into on climbs. I fell in love with the 611!

View attachment 94044
SQ lab is known for comfort and quality. My MTB Parts Drug Dealer Fadi, who I purchase all my bike parts through sells a lot of these saddles and gets a ton of positive feedback on them. The main comment? Comfort.

The 611 comes in several widths and rail options. Your typical chrome moly, titanium, and carbon. I would never buy a carbon fiber for a mountain bike, that is just asking for trouble. Definitely a road bike.
View attachment 94045

I am NOT easy on my bikes and have the broken and repaired bones to prove it, and the 611 saddle on my hardtail has survived well through many crashes and tumbles.

As well, I know we all are aware how fast our bodies and minds adapt to different components. For example my hardtail has Shimano Paddle Shifters and my Hightower has GripShift. 3 minutes on either bike and I’m fully adapted to the bike set up. However, I can definitely feel the difference between my phenom and my SQ lab and my butt wishes it has the 611 on both bikes. I notice my butt is a bit more sore after a big ride on the Phenom on a full suspension bike, compared to my 611 on my hardtail.

So although I didn’t want to toss out the coin for a new saddle, I got a behind the scene grin when I knew I could snag another 611 for my Hightower. I get an awesome price from Fadi on bike parts being a local and tossed out $103.00 for the Ti railed 15cm wide SQ lab 611.

Worth it? Hail yeah!
If yo azz ain’t happy on the trail, there is nothing you can do to make the ride better other than stand and pedal.

I highly recommend the SQ lab 611.
Mikie

Well then.
I will have to measure my sit bones and contact your "dealer".

SQ Lab saddles are the best I've found. Last saddle I bought was the newer 610 Infinergy® M-D active 2.1. The infinergy padding (which I think is the stuff they use in running shoe midsoles) is ridiculously comfortable.

The infinergy foam is much more comfortable than the standard foam, it doesn't feel "hard" at all and seems to absorb a crazy amount of shock. I don't care for the weird rebound feel but the comfort is off the charts as is the price. The regular 610's are comfortable, the infinergy ones are making me consider replacing all of them.

When measuring your sit bones consider the tilt of your pelvis as the width differs according to tilt. SQ Labs recommendation of how much you add for each riding style is to take this into consideration. Too narrow a seat is uncomfortable, too wide is just awkward to maneuver around. I actually use 1 cm wider in the 610 vs the 611.

7' huck with a gap? Is that 7' of drop or 7' of length? One is very different than the other. You have no business doing 7' drops mister!
7’ drop with a small gap, meaning you are supposed to get some distance to hit past a lip. I dropped like a rock and the rear hit just shy of the crest. Boing!
Here: I Rode My Bike Today... go to 12:20.

I thought it was a roller. Wasn’t paying attention.
He's got it on video, quite the oh crap moment.
Correct! Nothing like documenting stupid. But, I’m gifted in that area! :whistling:

I don't have time for videos or @evdog threads. I'm a very busy and important man with important, busy things to do! o_O
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah…

Yeah, I'm sittin' on this barstool
Talkin' like a damn fool
Got the twelve o'clock news blues
And I've given up hope
On the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew
Is it any wonder I'm not crazy
Is it any wonder I'm sane at all
Well, I'm so tired of losin'
I got nothin' to do
With all day to do it
Well, I'd go out cruisin'