REI/Santa Monica got looted

I like to watch the battle on TV. The hitand run tactics of delay and distract against a much better armed and protected, yet cumbersome police force.
It like the bees vs the wasp. The wasp is all bad ass ripping bee heads off like a boss. But soon the sheer numbers of bees overwhelm the brute and he is brought down, cooked by the bees' body heat.
If the protestors were actually there to commit violence, they could easily overwhelm the police with sheer numbers. The only recourse for the cops/Natl Guard etc, would be to open fire with live rounds. Risking Tianamen Square numbers, and shooting you own people.
So I have noticed several layers to the protestors phalanx.
The confronters/Karens are up front, screaming their greivences at the cops, who are just waiting for the word to fill their haranger's throat with military pepper-spray.
Next in line are the targets. These people sit and stand in random locations across the blocked road. Just about the right distance to catch a headshot from a rubber bullet or get your bell rung by a tear gas canister.
Throw in a few guys on skateboards, maybe a bicyclist or two, and then you get to the artillery.
These people have rocks. Where the hell did they get shopping carts full of rocks in DTLA? Turns out they make the rocks from broken concrete. They also make feces and urine bombs. There are usually several people with excellent fireworks-that get fired horizontally.
I saw a cop get a head shot from a frozen water bottle that dropped him like a ragdoll.
And all this time, the cops are slowly tightening the noose, blocking streets, and avenues of escape.
But the crowd is fluid, and most escape, and some do not. Zip-tied, booked, and sent through a revolving door, ready for the next Battle of Los Angeles.

Pretty much the same advice he gave us after the hurricanes in 2004... It does show how different the 50 states really are. :confused:

POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida sheriff addressed rumors on social media of riot activity trickling into residential neighborhoods Monday, warning would-be agitators that “the people of Polk County like guns, they have guns.”

“I would tell them, if you value your life, you probably shouldn’t do that in Polk County,” said Sheriff Grady Judd. “I encourage them to own guns, and they’re going to be inside their homes tonight with their guns loaded. And if you try to break into their homes tonight and try to steal, to set fires, I’m highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns.”

Back