Knee Replacement Day October 12th 2021

Went shopping with Miss CJ, and saw a new Chiropractor today. She’s batty, uh, the Chiropractor… I like her!
First day walking about I didn’t feel like I had huge wide rubber bands wrapped tight around my knees.
Delivered some gloves to @Voodoo Tom and did some honeydoo’s for mom on the ranch and still felt inspired to spin some on the trainer. Not much change in scenery when on a trainer but I do notice my speed and endurance starting to grow.
;)
44832E87-218A-4C53-B636-9066D1191FDB.jpeg

8AAA36EE-C707-43E2-8720-95C7CFC6F286.jpeg

Now I'm wondering what they use to "cement" a joint replacement with

On the Tibial insert, you can see the porous area on the three pins and center post at the top. The underside is also the same texture as is the top of the upper insert

All of the pins & posts are press fit junctions. The porosity allows the bones to grow into the insert for a longer, more stable adhesion. It must have been a weird decision to make years ago....sure, I'd like to see if a non-cemented joint will out last the norm.

Yeah, I went to their site and saw the "porous coating" and thought that it looks exactly like sintered metal filter media.

It must have been a weird decision to make years ago....sure, I'd like to see if a non-cemented joint will out last the norm.

It could have been driven by many factors like improving service life, implant success rates, performance, recovery, lowering cost, or even avoiding patent infringement. A (medical) company I used to work for came up with a design for an unrelated device that was complicated, costly, and very hard to build because the simpler and easier designs were already largely patented. I could tell stories...

Back