I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Many places are

upload_2024-7-6_13-19-10.png

Richfield, Utah to Fillmore group ride. We had 17 SxS buggies on this ride. It was around 60 miles total. The Mrs. and I peeled off early to get back to our latch key dogs left in the trailer. We have live cam and Waggle temp gages to monitor the dogs when away. This pic is around 10,000 feet with the snow in the background- which is also near the start of Spinal Tap Trail.

IMG_0106.jpeg

IMG_0097.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

Last edited:
Nope, didn't. Most;y because I spent the morning reloading for the .41 Magnum.

.303 British (Enfield No 4 Mk 1) is next.

This can be addicting. :whistling:

No, I'm not going to go do something untoward. It's a hobby. :rolleyes:
I have taken a screen shot of this post and forwarded it to the proper authorities. Expect a visit from SWAT tonight at 2:37am.

41 Mag. The caliber Dirty Harry really used.
I reload for all my handguns. My 45acp batch from yesterday.View attachment 94665

I don't generally drop mine in a jumble. But if it works, I won't carp about it.

I made up both target (range) and hunting rounds. Different powders, different bullet compositition, different velocities. That's the fun part.

20240829_160158.jpg

20240829_161649.jpg

Last edited:
I don't generally drop mine in a jumble. But if it works, I won't carp about it.

I made up both target (range) and hunting rounds. Different powders, different bullet compositition, different velocities. That's the fun part.

View attachment 94666
Fun is the development of a load for a specific gun for a specific purpose, be it target, hunting, or SD.
The loads in my picture are low recoil and quite accurate, for a retired LEO friend.

It's a good reason.....View attachment 94703
Yeah.. I was dove hunting back when I was around 20 yrs. old. with my friend and his dad. I was in a field in Blythe saturated with hunters. Some guy behind me shot/ winged a dove and it hit the ground fluttering about. He decided to take a shot at the dove on the ground. I was standing behind the dove. I got hit with about 8 or so pellets. They went into my groin, my neck my belly and 1 or 2 pellets hit my arms and traveled up my skin for 2-3 inches.

Last edited:
Yeah.. I was dove hunting back when I was around 20 yrs. old. with my friend and his dad. I was in a field in Blythe with saturated with hunters. Some guy behind me shot/ winged a dove and it hit the ground fluttering about. He decided to take a shot at the dove on the ground. I was standing behind the dove. I got hit with about 8 or so pellets. They went into my groin, my neck my belly and 1 or 2 pellets hit my arms and traveled up my skin for 2-3 inches.
Yep.
Too many not-so-smart folks out there.
Opening week for deer season, I stay out of the high country on my bike.

Yeah.. I was dove hunting back when I was around 20 yrs. old. with my friend and his dad. I was in a field in Blythe saturated with hunters. Some guy behind me shot/ winged a dove and it hit the ground fluttering about. He decided to take a shot at the dove on the ground. I was standing behind the dove. I got hit with about 8 or so pellets. They went into my groin, my neck my belly and 1 or 2 pellets hit my arms and traveled up my skin for 2-3 inches.
Oh that's not good...:thumbsdown::facepalm:

It's 78 degrees (on that useful and relatable Fahrenheit scale, as opposed to the weird 25.5 Celsius or 298.7 Kelvin) inside my house. But I believe that here in the southern sector of California we are only burning solar wind, so I feel good about having my new air conditioner going full bore..

I'm also not sweating, so there's that.

But it's about 101 degrees outside, so I'm staying inside. FLooping in this heat is just dumb.

Back