Happy & safe 4th of July IMTB family

Mikie Robin Mcguire

4th of July hugs from us both ♡

IMG_20200704_091820_429.jpg

FB_IMG_1526952447556.jpg

I just drove in from the desert and the awesome illegal firework show started in Palmdale and continued down the 14 to the 5 south and along the 10 east.
It is ongoing.
The city is literally vibrating from the concussion. The air is thick with the acrid smell of explosions. The thunder of thousands of mortars echoing sounds of battle. Palm trees on fire along the freeway.
It's an orgasm of frustration coming from the streets. There's a message in the money shot.
Listen to the message.
I've never seen anything like it.
I've never felt anything like it.
Happy 4th of July.

I just drove in from the desert and the awesome illegal firework show started in Palmdale and continued down the 14 to the 5 south and along the 10 east.
It is ongoing.
The city is literally vibrating from the concussion. The air is thick with the acrid smell of explosions. The thunder of thousands of mortars echoing sounds of battle. Palm trees on fire along the freeway.
It's an orgasm of frustration coming from the streets. There's a message in the money shot.
Listen to the message.
I've never seen anything like it.
I've never felt anything like it.
Happy 4th of July.
We have a panoramic view of the western half of the San Fernando valley from our house, and it is a stunning display. It has been constant for about two hours. My neighbor used to do pyrotechnics and said the fireworks we were seeing require a permit to obtain, and cost $75 to $100 a piece. He said the volume and spread of them was mind boggling, and that was just in the first 30 minutes. Kinda cool, and a bit scary to see. High winds and a full moon as well. Eery night.

Holy thread resurrection! I miss the McGuires and their endless positive energy.

Happy 4th Hooligans!

And might I add...

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal. That they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed...

So go pursue some happiness and be kind to one another! :thumbsup:

PS: Please don't turn this into a political thread. Just reflect.

Last edited:
Holy thread resurrection! I miss the McGuire's and their endless positive energy.

Happy 4th Hooligans!

And might I add...

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal. That they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed...

I was wondering who would be the one to finally toss out a Happy 4th.
Thanks Hooligan @herzalot !

No one would DARE toss politics in on this or any other thread… RIGHT EVERYONE!?!? :cautious:;)

Everyone please have an awesome 4th of July! No drunk bikin’…
upload_2024-7-4_12-45-0.png

[QUOTE="herzalot, post: 305275, member: 424"

PS: Please don't turn this into a political thread. Just reflect.[/QUOTE]

It occurred to me the other day, as I was thinking of trying to re-enlist some expats, that this place has felt pretty devoid of politics and general BS lately. Couple new members, a little uptick in ride reports. Maybe we're on the come up again.

[QUOTE="herzalot, post: 305275, member: 424"

It occurred to me the other day, as I was thinking of trying to re-enlist some expats, that this place has felt pretty devoid of politics and general BS lately. Couple new members, a little uptick in ride reports. Maybe we're on the come up again.[/QUOTE]
The metric most important to me is still low. Damn Maxxis tires!

It occurred to me the other day, as I was thinking of trying to re-enlist some expats, that this place has felt pretty devoid of politics and general BS lately. Couple new members, a little uptick in ride reports. Maybe we're on the come up again.
The metric most important to me is still low. Damn Maxxis tires![/QUOTE]
I ordered some Specialized tires last night. It's the dawn of a new day.

Holy thread resurrection! I miss the McGuires and their endless positive energy.

Happy 4th Hooligans!

And might I add...

The pursuit is happiness. Says so right on my t-shirt from a national park.

I wasn’t there, but I heard through the grapevine that one of Thomas Jefferson’s support staff persuaded him to change it from “pursuit of property” to “pursuit of happiness.”
I believe it was life, liberty and property in the English Bill of Rights or Magna Carta maybe? Or something John Locke wrote? If only there were a way to find out!

Then I think they replaced it with "Happyness" - then I think they wisely said "You know, it's really not the government's job to guarantee that each citizen achieves happiness, but maybe it is to support their pursuit of same. Happiness is really left to the individual to define."

Thus equality of opportunity and not necessarily equality of outcome.

Edit: I used Mr. Google: John Locke

Please do it! Miss hearing from those guys!

I talked to the person formerly referred to as @Faust29 - former moderator and current record holder of "most likes." He said he hasn't looked once since he left, and doesn't plan to...

@mtnbikej posts here occasionally for trail work, but his rock solid opposition to all things e-bike has probably cemented his absence for the foreseeable future. I still visit J's Garage for most of my bike repair needs.

@rossage - who knows?

@Obsidian was chased off by people who didn't like hearing his somewhat abrasive right-wing views. I actually enjoyed his banter most of the time, and I miss pointing out the irony of statements like Lions not Sheep - following the well-scripted talking points of the right (for the record, I am centrist - the truth - and the solutions - can be found in the middle). He has a new bike, BTW.

@ridinrox hates me - but to be fair, I may have given her good reason to... Attempts at humor aren't always perceived as funny.

@Luis? Dunno. I think there is a group of LA or "Canadian" riders that still ride together, but don't need IMTB validation. How is that even possible?

@mountaingirl sara disappeared during COVID. I think her husband got jealous of the attention she received here and started mt biking to steal her attention back.

I do appreciate the recent uptick in riders posting here. Let's keep building it up! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I talked to the person formerly referred to as @Faust29 - former moderator and current record holder of "most likes." He said he hasn't looked once since he left, and doesn't plan to...

@mtnbikej posts here occasionally for trail work, but his rock solid opposition to all things e-bike has probably cemented his absence for the foreseeable future. I still visit J's Garage for most of my bike repair needs.

@rossage - who knows?

@Obsidian was chased off by people who didn't like hearing his somewhat abrasive right-wing views. I actually enjoyed his banter most of the time, and I miss pointing out the irony of statements like Lions not Sheep - following the well-scripted talking points of the right (for the record, I am centrist - the truth - and the solutions - can be found in the middle). He has a new bike, BTW.

@ridinrox hates me - but to be fair, I may have given her good reason to... Attempts at humor aren't always perceived as funny.

@Luis? Dunno. I think there is a group of LA or "Canadian" riders that still ride together, but don't need IMTB validation. How is that even possible?

@mountaingirl sara disappeared during COVID. I think her husband got jealous of the attention she received here and started mt biking to steal her attention back.

I do appreciate the recent uptick in riders posting here. Let's keep building it up! :thumbsup:
Rossage is the only safe rider amongst that group.

@rossage - who knows?

There has been a few Rossage sightings in recent times along the lower Front Range San Gabes.

I've been bugging Luis to do night rides with me but he ain't budging.

Back