Do you ride in thunderstorms?

Apparently I do.
a3aba531db0d25890d42cc59cf37a4cb.jpg

Did it actually rain up there? It's scattered down here still. Clouds pass, winds blowing a bunch of trash cans and plastic buckets around, rumbling and making the trees rustle, but no rain and it's still 100F+. Not sure why the view of Golden Eagle's trailhead area is so easily recognizable to me after only riding it once...

Did it actually rain up there? It's scattered down here still. Clouds pass, winds blowing a bunch of trash cans and plastic buckets around, rumbling and making the trees rustle, but no rain and it's still 100F+. Not sure why the view of Golden Eagle's trailhead area is so easily recognizable to me after only riding it once...
It did. We got back to the car just in time. The lightning surrounded us and the loud crackling made it feel like we were center stage at a rock concert.

#rainorshinetrailtime

Never miss it! NEVER
View attachment 6753
poppin, crackin, dumpin, sunnin, ridin....

Jah, please let me go doing what I love, if it be by lightning, leave my ashes in a pile so my wife can spread them where I love/live....!

Amen

Funny, I actually had this exact comment with my old friend while visiting him in South Lake Tahoe. We were riding and watching lightening on the horizon move in and I said pretty much the same thing. at least I will be going doing what I love in the place I love.

Back