Cuz the 240s Needed to be better?

Unless you are counting grams.....no, buy the 350. Hopefully the 350 gets the upgrades as well.
I hope they don't, as right now I have several end caps and carriers that are all interchangeable. I worry that they'll make all the new caps (which look cool) proprietary for the new models and not compatible with the antiquated ones that I have. I mean, really, it probably won't matter if they just continue to sell components for the older models, but I have a bad feeling about planned obsolescence...

I hope they don't, as right now I have several end caps and carriers that are all interchangeable. I worry that they'll make all the new caps (which look cool) proprietary for the new models and not compatible with the antiquated ones that I have. I mean, really, it probably won't matter if they just continue to sell components for the older models, but I have a bad feeling about planned obsolescence...

The good thing about DT, is that a lot of the new bells and whistles are reverse compatible.

yeah, they may make new caps, but they will most likely still fit the older hubs.

same thing with the freehand.....although I haven’t heard anything on that one yet.

The good thing about DT, is that a lot of the new bells and whistles are reverse compatible.

yeah, they may make new caps, but they will most likely still fit the older hubs.

same thing with the freehand.....although I haven’t heard anything on that one yet.

I was possibly overreacting originally... It will be fine. I just really like the way everything is so interchangeable, and hope to not lose that.

The article said they are compatible with old 240 caps.

And... Aren’t the end caps the same between 240 and 350?

I have a bag of end caps that I’ve used on both- 9 and 10 mm rear, as well as thru axles. Don’t remember having an issue?

You had to wonder how long that highly styled typography would remain. “Ami”s aren’t going tell the Swiss jack about design...but that sht is looking way last century now. :eek::cool:

You forgot the “verdammt” in front of the Ami... that’s the way I usually hear it. Looks funny without it.

You had to wonder how long that highly styled typography would remain. “Ami”s aren’t going tell the Swiss jack about design...but that sht is looking way last century now. :eek::cool:
Well at least they modernized the font on the new 240s. Wonder if the 350s are still rockin' that Groovy 1960s, 70s balloon font! Keep on Truckin'!

1960s Font.png

Last edited:
Interersting. Am I missing a performance benefit with merely 36 points?

I'm open to trying a sprag system. I'm kind of afraid I'll like it...

I have a DT Swiss XMC wheelset (with 240 hubs), and the engagement is the only "issue" I can find with it.
Is it a big deal? no
Do I think that the i9 instant engagement is superior? yes
Performance? I'm not sure how you define it.

Last edited:
Does instant engagement allow you to: Clean rough uphills more easily? Save energy over the course of a ride? Feel more controled underfoot?

What about the ride quality makes the i9 superior? Please don't say more POE... :)

I’ll take the 36t ratchets any day over high POE for the bulletproof reliability. This is from someone who is running I9’s, King’s, Hope’s and 240’s.
I am not hard on my equipment, nor do I ride anywhere near as much as you do so I am willing to accept some risk for parts that may not stand the test of time on bikes because things tend to never break on me. But when they do, I actually get excited!

I feel differently about cars though.

It is hard to pin point, but when I switch between the two wheelset there are a few monuments in every ride that I find myself moving my feet for an inch (or more) before the cranks are engaged.
I agree that it is not a big deal, but I don't see why the 54 is not the standard. It is superior to the 36. The 240 are pricey and shouldn't have an upgrade option IMO.

Back