Curious question about shoe choice Flat or not?

Post whether you ride FLATS, CLIPLESS (SPD or other), or MIXED?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Specialized 2FO DH
Oof, hope you went up at least a half size. Maybe theyve changed them, but i tried them a few years ago and had to get a 48 (which would equate to 13.5-14 in US) for them to be just barely wide enough and even then they squeezed my toes. In running shoes im 12.5-13 2e. riding shoes im always a 13. Ride Concepts Powwerline seem to be wider than the 2fo.
I sont know of any flat pedal shoe model that is offered in both regular and wide-one has to hope to find a model that is inherintly wider. Its rough out there for us ducks.

upload_2024-6-7_22-38-9.png

Oof, hope you went up at least a half size. Maybe theyve changed them, but i tried them a few years ago and had to get a 48 (which would equate to 13.5-14 in US) for them to be just barely wide enough and even then they squeezed my toes. In running shoes im 12.5-13 2e. riding shoes im always a 13. Ride Concepts Powwerline seem to be wider than the 2fo.
I sont know of any flat pedal shoe model that is offered in both regular and wide-one has to hope to find a model that is inherintly wider. Its rough out there for us ducks.

View attachment 93472

Aw man! Really? Oh well I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best, I already ordered them. Maybe have to return them, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I didn't go up a size :gotnothing: Thanks for the heads up sir!

I like these Ecco hiking shoes ( cuz I HAB a lot :cautious: ) This is my third pair in 8 years of riding Mtn. Bikes. I like my Hope 20 Flat Pedals the best for pedals but I ruined my first pair of Eccos because the center pins on the pedals ate through the sole. I've since removed those pins. I was entertaining clipped in systems before I rode Kokopelli with IMTB thinking I needed all the help I could get. I got into a discussion with our Sparkletts water delivery guy who said his kid was clipped in going down Lizard trail, couldn't unclip when he got in trouble and went over the bars. His kid suffered a bad spinal injury. I decided at that point that maybe clipped in pedals wasn't for me.

IMG_9827.jpeg

Last edited:
@Stkx66 what model ECCOs they look nice

Me I wear five Ten Impact Pros...aka The Tanks...

They had some quality control issues in the past and seemed to get better .

They are awesome and are ~$160 list but if you pay attention you can get them for much less under $100
These are Ecco Men's Esphino Speed lace Hiking shoes. Amazon shows it to be discontinued. This black colored pair have been sitting on my shelf for a while.

Back