Best tubeless sealant

I'd be happy with lasting seven months. That's at least double what Stan's lasts for me. Wondering about 5oz per tire though, that's about double Stan's.

So I wonder if you add twice the amount of Stan's, will it last twice as long???
IMO Stan's gives you the most bang for your buck and it works. No more Guinea pigging for me. And as I stated earlier when it comes time to change tires I'm going to add just enough for them to seal then carry a bottle with me in case I flat. The way I look at it if it's a slash it will be less messy to install a tube.

BTW countless times I have removed a tire to find the Stan's all dried up anyways and it held are just fine.

I went back to Stan's myself. I had accidentally loosened the valve stem on Jennifer's front wheel and the Finish Line would not seal it. I picked up some Stan's and added an ounce and after a little shaky shaky it sealed.

I had also noticed over the past few weeks my tires were losing air and this week I have ridden it daily. Today I got a small puncture on the rear and thankfully I was close to home because the Finish Line would not seal it. I added an ounce of Stan's, spun the tire and voila! Instant seal.

I think after my next tire change I'm going to add just enough Stan's to seal the tire and carry a 2oz bottle with me. There are no goat heads where I ride and it is very rare that I get a flat.

So did you add the Stans in with the Finishline sealant? No problems so far mixing the two?

IMO Stan's gives you the most bang for your buck and it works. No more Guinea pigging for me. And as I stated earlier when it comes time to change tires I'm going to add just enough for them to seal then carry a bottle with me in case I flat. The way I look at it if it's a slash it will be less messy to install a tube.

BTW countless times I have removed a tire to find the Stan's all dried up anyways and it held are just fine.

I have major goathead issues, so need to have fresh sealant in the tires all the time. Otherwise I'm calling for spousal-lyft.
I have had only success with Stan's, but it does dry out on me pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Same here, I rarely get flats and rarely check the viscocity of my Stans. I just carry a tube so I can give it away.

FWIW, a home-brew technique friends of mine use is Orange Seal initial application on a new tire, followed by Stan's for puncture sealant.
The OS supposedly does a better job sealing the sidewalls, where Stan's would continually oozes through. But having Stan's for regular sealant after that works better for sealing individual goat head punctures (which as I mentioned we have a lot of).

I'd be happy with lasting seven months. That's at least double what Stan's lasts for me. Wondering about 5oz per tire though, that's about double Stan's.

So I wonder if you add twice the amount of Stan's, will it last twice as long???
Think of it like this....

If it's drying up fast inside your tire, it's sealing up leaks fast when it's called upon.

And on that note, I'll stick with Stan's, thank you very much.

I add 4 ounces to a new tire and top off with 2-4 ounces depending on when it was done last and the air temps/relative humidity/moon phase/sun flares/planetary alignment/lottery numbers/...

Back