Back Relief w/ Little Effort

Cornholio

iMTB Rockstah
My buddy ordered these Chirp wheels that are a product from Shark Tank that put a spin on foam rollers and yoga wheels (pun intended) and had an extra set delivered that they let him keep so he gave them to me knowing I have joint issues with my psoriatic arthritis. I was skeptical thinking they’d just collect dust because I wouldn’t get into any kind of routine with them and I couldn’t have been further from the truth. I’ve had them for almost a month now and not only use them every day but often multiple times per day, even at 4am before I get in the shower.

I don’t like having to get into lengthy routines like yoga, just impatient I guess. So I was thinking these wheels would be along the same lines of needing to get into a groove where you dedicate 15+ minutes to get results. With these wheels I can roll for less than a minute and get some relief.

They are literally just large PVC pipes with yoga mat material wrapped around them but they have a channel that keeps pressure off the spine and puts it where you need it. The bigger the wheel the easier the pressure is. For people who sit at a desk for hours on end these things are worth their weight in gold. Not only do I get back pain relief but I can really dig into some shoulder knots that are always present (especially right side from what I assume is using a mouse all day at a desk). The kicker is I get an unexpected burst of energy after I use them and have incorporated weights after I do some rolls. In less than 5 minutes I’m getting relief and some bicep curls in.

You can also use the smaller ones to get glutes, calves, thighs, etc. I also have the roller stick that the smallest wheel attaches to so I can roll my quads/legs.

9A6D981E-4E3B-4827-93C0-C3BDA52B1D64.jpeg

13C92CD3-F29D-42FD-9A2C-6A2914B66A12.jpeg

My buddy ordered these Chirp wheels that are a product from Shark Tank that put a spin on foam rollers and yoga wheels (pun intended) and had an extra set delivered that they let him keep so he gave them to me knowing I have joint issues with my psoriatic arthritis. I was skeptical thinking they’d just collect dust because I wouldn’t get into any kind of routine with them and I couldn’t have been further from the truth. I’ve had them for almost a month now and not only use them every day but often multiple times per day, even at 4am before I get in the shower.

I don’t like having to get into lengthy routines like yoga, just impatient I guess. So I was thinking these wheels would be along the same lines of needing to get into a groove where you dedicate 15+ minutes to get results. With these wheels I can roll for less than a minute and get some relief.

They are literally just large PVC pipes with yoga mat material wrapped around them but they have a channel that keeps pressure off the spine and puts it where you need it. The bigger the wheel the easier the pressure is. For people who sit at a desk for hours on end these things are worth their weight in gold. Not only do I get back pain relief but I can really dig into some shoulder knots that are always present (especially right side from what I assume is using a mouse all day at a desk). The kicker is I get an unexpected burst of energy after I use them and have incorporated weights after I do some rolls. In less than 5 minutes I’m getting relief and some bicep curls in.

You can also use the smaller ones to get glutes, calves, thighs, etc. I also have the roller stick that the smallest wheel attaches to so I can roll my quads/legs.

View attachment 87005

View attachment 87006
My wife bought these for me for Christmas, but I haven’t used them yet since I shred the desk chair but not the bike, and my sitting-at-the-desk death marches are routine and dialed. Perhaps I’ll use them tonight in search of some nuggets. :thumbsup:

My wife bought these for me for Christmas, but I haven’t used them yet since I shred the desk chair but not the bike, and my sitting-at-the-desk death marches are routine and dialed. Perhaps I’ll use them tonight in search of some nuggets. :thumbsup:

Not gonna lie that I thought it was just another thigh master like gimmick. I ended up buying the 12’ wheel in addition to the 3 others my pack came with.

Flex spending/FSA/HSA etc work for these too.

@Cornholio FAK YEAH!! My household has been using the Chirp wheels for several years now. I swear by these silly looking wheels. It took my wife almost a year before she started using it, not she's using it more than me. Seriously has saved us $$$ from going to the chiro. The small wheel for 15 minutes after soaking in the hot tub... I'm a new man.

Due to her job, my wife has a sore back after work most days and has me crack it for her.
Given these stellar reviews on the chirp I threw caution to the wind and ordered a set. Arrived this evening, looking forward to hopefully helping her back!

Don't think you'd like to me, would you. o_O:)

Give a listen to the episode of Peter Attia's The Drive podcast with guest Stuart McGill. It's long and kind of gets into the weeds, but his basic assertion is that there's really no such thing as non-specific chronic back pain, and that the problem, and therefore the solution lies in a movement pattern. A doc told me a decade or so ago that the worst thing I could do for my back would be to not get enough exercise, and the second worst thing would be too much exercise. For me strength training has been crucial, but as I'm getting older I have to really let ego not drive what I'm doing in the gym. Deadlifts help me a lot, but heavy deadlifts can be and have been problematic, and I've switched from using a straight bar to a trap bar. When all else fails I have a prescription anti-inflammatory (Meloxicam), but when I have to take that I also look at what movements lead up to the pain.

Does one Bot bring up the question… then another bot provide the answer?
Kinda like in volleyball?
hahahaha..just last week I had a telemarketer calling me from India, I didn't answer but called back with a blocked number, ( they said they were in LA but I could hear the chickens clucking and the accent), anyway I digress. I called them so many times on two phones, put them together speaker to speaker that they ended up talking to each other trying to sell each other some scam crap. I was quite amused listening to them and the confusion in their voices.... multiple times....eventually they stopped answering... I had a few beers, was in a hotel room traveling for work with a lot of time on my hands that night. that was a 2-3 beer fun time...Damn, a great memory!

Last edited:
Basically changed my entire back life

Highly recommend...Simple, make sense, works. The basic cycle was / is a life saver when I go bad...

Foundation: Redefine Your Core, Conquer Back Pain, and Move with Confidence https://a.co/d/3f7ZZ9N

There are Updated video but I like the book.

I also get PT Massage once a week and keep on top of it, focus on posture etc,

Not a bot

Last edited:
I have chronic back pain due at least partly to stenosis of the spine. My entire lower back and hip region (arthritic hips) hurts to some degree, constantly. Getting old sucks.

Ibuprofen, Meloxicam, Tylenol, Flexeril, and if those fail, Jack Daniels. I have good days and bad and they generally each run in waves. I've also found that THC/CBD offer short term relief and I stress short term relief. If I am unable to exercise regularly, the discomfort worsens.

Last edited:
I have chronic back pain due at least partly to stenosis of the spine. My entire lower back and hip region (arthritic hips) hurts to some degree, constantly. Getting old sucks.

Ibuprofen, Meloxicam, Tylenol, Flexeril, and if those fail, Jack Daniels. I have good days and bad and they generally each run in waves. I've also found that THC/CBD offer short term relief and I stress short term relief. If I am unable to exercise regularly, the discomfort worsens.
Yeah….
But, are you a Bot? :whistling:

I agree. Getting old sucks, trust me.
Y-bot

Give a listen to the episode of Peter Attia's The Drive podcast with guest Stuart McGill. It's long and kind of gets into the weeds, but his basic assertion is that there's really no such thing as non-specific chronic back pain, and that the problem, and therefore the solution lies in a movement pattern. A doc told me a decade or so ago that the worst thing I could do for my back would be to not get enough exercise, and the second worst thing would be too much exercise. For me strength training has been crucial, but as I'm getting older I have to really let ego not drive what I'm doing in the gym. Deadlifts help me a lot, but heavy deadlifts can be and have been problematic, and I've switched from using a straight bar to a trap bar. When all else fails I have a prescription anti-inflammatory (Meloxicam), but when I have to take that I also look at what movements lead up to the pain.
F@#k me sideways, this sure took a turn today. A recent blood panel showed some kidney levels that warranted further investigation, as long term Meloxicam use can cause kidney problems. My rheumatologist ordered a couple MRIs to get a new baseline on the condition of my spine. The results? My previous diagnosis of reactive arthritis has progressed to full blown Ankylosing Spondylitis. Along with that I have severe stenosis of the cervical and lumbar spine, bulging discs in both, and severe sacroiliitis and adema in the hips. According to two different docs my MRI says I'm in constant severe pain. But I'm not. And I haven't taken Meloxicam in two weeks, and have taken it substantially less in the last year than in the previous 5 (my original prescription was to take it daily).

Ironically, I was thinking to myself a couple weeks ago, just a couple days before my 50th birthday, that I feel as good, strong, energetic, etc., as I've felt in some time. Probably not coincidental that my riding frequency went from 2-3 times a month to a consistent twice a week for the last couple months. My weight training workouts have felt better as well. Doc says I've unknowingly already discovered that movement and activity are the best medicine. And I know better than to let a diagnosis inform how I actually feel right now. But I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little freaked out about what the future holds. Sorry to barf this all out on the forum. Just needed a little catharsis I guess

F@#k me sideways, this sure took a turn today. A recent blood panel showed some kidney levels that warranted further investigation, as long term Meloxicam use can cause kidney problems. My rheumatologist ordered a couple MRIs to get a new baseline on the condition of my spine. The results? My previous diagnosis of reactive arthritis has progressed to full blown Ankylosing Spondylitis. Along with that I have severe stenosis of the cervical and lumbar spine, bulging discs in both, and severe sacroiliitis and adema in the hips. According to two different docs my MRI says I'm in constant severe pain. But I'm not. And I haven't taken Meloxicam in two weeks, and have taken it substantially less in the last year than in the previous 5 (my original prescription was to take it daily).

Ironically, I was thinking to myself a couple weeks ago, just a couple days before my 50th birthday, that I feel as good, strong, energetic, etc., as I've felt in some time. Probably not coincidental that my riding frequency went from 2-3 times a month to a consistent twice a week for the last couple months. My weight training workouts have felt better as well. Doc says I've unknowingly already discovered that movement and activity are the best medicine. And I know better than to let a diagnosis inform how I actually feel right now. But I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little freaked out about what the future holds. Sorry to barf this all out on the forum. Just needed a little catharsis I guess

Sometimes (and I'm not trying say this will happen) a second look at the same thing will discover that, ooops!!! we misread that.

Not saying that will happen, but if their diagnosis doesn't meet conditions, well.....I have a feeing you'll get beyond this.

Natural , homeopathic anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Arnica Montana t relief . You can take as much as you need and it will not hurt you. It is homeopathic so for it to continue to work you have to stay on it every few hours. I have used this for many years now. Sometimes a week at a time. I take a does before rides and for the rest of the day after. No nsaids for about 6 years now. Amazon, sprouts and some pharmacies.
Go baby!

Back